EMPLOYER TOOLKIT: COVID-19 Vaccinations in The Workplace – Updated Feb 2022
The topic of vaccinations in the workplace continues to create anxiety and confusion for tourism and hospitality employers, as they try to understand the role of vaccinations within their workplaces. Do they need to have a vaccine policy in place? Can employers request proof of vaccination from their employees? How can employers balance health and safety concerns with human rights or privacy concerns? What do employers need to consider if they want to implement a vaccine policy?
Prepared by go2HR, this toolkit contains, up-to-date information, resources, FAQs and downloadable templates (including a vaccination policy) help tourism and hospitality employers answer some of these difficult questions and includes: Vaccination policy best-practices from tourism and hospitality employers, 5 Considerations to help employers determine whether or not they should have a mandatory vaccination policy, how to address employee vaccination hesitations, how to support employee mental health during challenging times… and more.
Review the entire document OR use the hyperlinked table of contents to jump right to the information that you need. Download the toolkit today!
COVID-19 RAPID TESTING IN THE WORKPLACE – Resource Guide for BC Tourism & Hospitality Employers – Updated Feb 2022
Tourism and hospitality employers who are considering rapid testing as an option for employees in their workplaces should be aware that doing so requires time, resources and careful consideration in order to ensure that they understand and follow provincial regulations. Depending on each organization’s situation it may not be an appropriate or cost-effective solution for every employer.
This resource guide contains practical information, links and insights from industry employers who are using rapid testing within their workplaces, to help you identify and access COVID-19 Rapid Response screening tests and program support options.
- COVID-19 vaccination and the workplace – WorkSafeBC
- COVID-19: Free rapid tests for your employees – Canada.ca
- COVID-19 Tracker Canada – Vaccination Tracker covid19tracker.ca
- Illness or Injury Leave FAQs – go2HR
- Leaves of absence – BC Employment Standards
- Proof of vaccination information for businesses
- Safe Screen BC – COVID-19 Rapid Testing Support for Employers
- Is refusing a vaccine considered a frustration of contract? | Canadian HR Reporter
- BC’s Hub for Workplace Mental Health – Tourism & Hospitality
- Here to Help BC
- Anxiety Canada
- Crisis Centre BC
- Messaging Guidance for BC’s Tourism Industry – DBC
- 310 Mental Health Support: 310-6789 (no area code needed)
This page is being updated on an ongoing basis as new information regarding vaccinations becomes available.
Should you have any questions about vaccinations or need additional HR support, please feel free to contact us: HR@go2hr.ca