Vancouver, Coast & Mountains
BC’s Metropolitan Area Encased by Nature
Photo Credit: Albert Normandin / Destination BC
Photo Credit: Tony Moser / Whistler Blackcomb
Discover the unique beauty of BC’s metropolitan area encased by nature.
The Vancouver, Coast & Mountains region is located in the south western corner of BC, connecting to the USA to the south, and Vancouver Island to the west. Lining the edge of the west coast is the Sunshine Coast – a stretch of secluded coastline accessible only by ferry. To the east is Mighty Fraser Country – with the Fraser River winding through the region’s cities. The region is home to two of BC’s most visited tourist destinations: Vancouver, and the scenic Sea to Sky Corridor up to Whistler. The Vancouver, Coast & Mountains region is a metropolitan area encased by nature.
Work in BC’s metropolitan area where you can:
- Welcome guests to a world-class hotel.
- Learn to create international culinary creations with fresh, local produce.
- Develop lasting friendships working at an exciting ski resort in the winter, or outdoor adventure park in the summer.
- Promote the area while driving an interactive tour bus or leading an ethnic food or micro-brewery tour.
- Celebrate with the locals while coordinating small street festivals or large music events.
Metro Vancouver is complete with multi-cultural inspired fine-dining restaurants, diverse neighbourhoods, public markets, high-end shopping, museums, and art galleries. Take a short walk, or longer drive to access many of Metro Vancouver’s beaches, natural parks, or mountain playgrounds. Vancouver, Coast & Mountains is a year-round destination because of its mild climate throughout the mainland, and perfect winter conditions on the mountains, making it a desirable destination for city seekers, mountain extremists, beach goers, or outdoor adventurers.
Photo Credit: Destination BC/Blake Jorgenson
Photo Credit: Destination BC/Kamil Bialous
Photo Credit: Destination BC/Toshi Kawano