BC’s Island Life
Photo Credit: Destination British Columbia
Photo Credit: Stay & Wander / Destination BC
Experience the True Meaning of “Island Life” on BC’s Vancouver Island.
The Vancouver Island region is located along the far west coast of Southern BC. Influenced by the First Nations’ cultural traditions, the region spans from small fishing villages in the north, to one of the world’s best surf towns, and encompasses vast tracks of unspoiled rainforests, beaches, and coastal wilderness, creating BC’s most diverse eco-system.
Work in BC’s most diverse eco-system where you can:
- Catch a wave while teaching surfing in one of the best surf towns in the world.
- Develop lasting friendships working at one of many world-class hotels.
- Prepare unique meals with seafood fresh off the boat.
- Lead a whale watching or bear sightseeing tour.
- Embrace the Pacific Ocean as a fishing or sea kayaking guide.
The Vancouver Island region is the right mix of urban life, small town charm, historic architecture, world-class museums, and coastal galleries. You’ll find stunning coastal rainforests, whale watching expeditions, awe-inspiring ocean views, and aboriginal cultural heritage. With a laid-back attitude, locals in this region know the true meaning of an “island life”.
Photo Credit: Destination Canada
Photo Credit: Destination BC/Shayd Johnson
Photo Credit: Destination BC/Reuben Krabbe