|Date:||September 20, 2018|
|Time:||9:00 am - 10:30 am|
Media headlines are rife with high-profile cases of alleged sexual harassment. Many employers are left wondering: what should we be doing? How can we foster a safe and inclusive workplace, and fairly address any complaints that are received?
Join the legal team at Mathews, Dinsdale & Clark, LLP for their upcoming webinar that will review best practices for preventing and responding to alleged sexual harassment in employment. The presenters will help employers to better understand what their organization needs to do to comply with the law and ensure their workplace remains a positive one.
Topics covered will include:
1. Investigating complaints of sexual harassment
- What does the process look like?
- To what extent can complaints remain confidential?
- How (and to whom) are the investigation results communicated?
- What are some common mistakes to avoid?
2. Overview of recent developments in the law around sexual harassment
- What are the recent cases telling us?
- What is an employer's potential liability?
- Can sexual harassment complaints form a class action?
- What impact does the court of public opinion have?
3. Ensuring your policies are legally compliant
- New amendments to the Canada Labour Code
- New provincial laws designed to combat sexual harassment
- Key features of a good policy
Webinar Fee: $95.00