|Date:||February 27, 2019|
|Time:||10:00 am - 11:00 am|
Cannabis is now legalized. Many organizations are concerned about their workplace obligations and about cannabis’ impact on the workplace. This 1 hour webinar will provide business owners, managers, supervisors and HR professionals with the specific knowledge and skills necessary to respond to some of the common issues impacting workplaces.
During the session, Harris lawyer Brad Cocke will discuss:
- Cannabis basics - from recreational drug to prescription medicine
- The new legal landscape
- Impairment or intoxication detection and the right to test; How to react when you suspect an employee is impaired at work
- The duty to accommodate and its limits – how to balance accommodation while maintaining safety
- Implementation of a Policy – Drafting, introducing, and training managers and supervisors
Are all your employees going to be high? What the experiences of other countries tell us we should expect.
Cost: $49.00. Register here to guarantee your spot.
Speaker: Brad Cocke, Harris & Co. LLP
Brad assists public and private sector employers with labour, employment, human rights, and workers’ compensation matters. In particular, he advises employers with respect to grievances, picketing activity, and collective agreement interpretations as they relate to day-to-day operations. Brad is thoughtful, assertive, and has a flair for finding the right answer. He enjoys interacting with his clients and learning about their business, the needs of their customers, and their goals. By doing so, he quickly earns the place of trusted advisor.
Why should you attend the webinar?
- Ask questions specific to your business;
- Fulfill your annual OHS training entitlement as part of the JHSC;
- Work towards completing your professional development requirements as a health and safety professional;
- Work towards the required seven hours of professional development as a certified COR Internal Auditor; and
- Reserve your place, invite your colleagues to join you and participate in the webinar together.
Questions? If you would like more information, please email our Health and Safety team.