One of the first steps to becoming COR-certified is to identify an internal Certificate of Recognition (COR) program champion who will lead the process for your organization and become a knowledgeable resource about the COR process. The COR Internal Auditor is an employee of a company who completes the auditor training for the purpose of conducting the company's internal COR Maintenance Audits. It is recommended that the staff member responsible for leading your occupational health and safety program attend the training. This individual should be familiar with all aspects of your safety management system.
The COR Internal Auditor Training includes approximately 15 hours of training, 7.5 online and 7.5 in-person, and it provides:
- an overview of the COR program;
- elements and methodology of the COR Audit process;
- how to prepare for a COR Audit, including the Pre-Audit Meeting;
- how to conduct a COR Audit and collect data (e.g. reviewing documentation, observing the workplace & interviewing employees);
- how to use the COR Audit Tool (e.g. scoring, writing notes);
- how to write and submit a completed Audit Report; and
- post-audit follow-up activities.
The in-person session is preceded by an online assignment and exam, which must be completed one week prior to the classroom session. This preparation is designed to give everyone in the session a common base of knowledge about the COR process, and to establish an understanding of the opportunities and challenges their own organization may face in the COR-certification process.
The course costs $149 plus GST and includes a continental breakfast, lunch, access to the online portion, and hard copy materials during the in-person portion.
Space is limited and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Registration deadline: October 20, 2017. We recommend that you submit your registration as soon as possible to reserve a place in the class. If the dates below do not work for you, please contact us with a request to add you to a waitlist for future sessions.
For more information, contact the go2HR Industry Health & Safety Team.