|Date:||October 22, 2020|
|Time:||1:00 pm - 2:00 pm|
|Venue:||Online Panel Discussion|
This panel is an initiative of the Tourism and Hospitality Resource Forum of Royal Roads University.
The COVID-19 situation has substantially changed the market for hospitality and tourism industry business owners and operators. Significant adjustments to their operations have been necessary to remain open and traditional markets have declined in most instances. Even with support measures in place by Government, the financial pressures faced by many businesses are acute. This panel discussion will focus on the financial challenges at this time and the strategic and tactical decisions that small, medium and large hospitality and tourism industry owners and operators may face with a focus on business recovery and financial stability.
- The impacts businesses are currently facing and in particular possible financial pressures and the relationships with lenders and investors when experiencing significant revenue declines.
- The tactics that owners and operators can deploy now in their relationships with creditors and investors and the strategic decisions in the business recovery process
- If a business is facing potential insolvency or is contemplating closure, what are some of the key considerations?
- Gary D. Powroznik, FCA, CIRP, LIT is the Founder and Managing Director of G-Force Group.– Focusing on the strategic and tactical decisions that businesses may face in distress situations and the options that may be available to them.
- Ralph R. Miller, CPA, CA, CBV, CHA, CHAE, President Inntegrated Hospitality Management Ltd. – Focusing on the operating challenges in the hospitality industry and the various measures that may be necessary to maintain market and financial stability.
- Moderated by Steve Kleinschmidt, RRU associate faculty, Past Vice-Chairman Asset Management, and President of the Marco Polo Hotel Group.
Details for joining the Panel:
- October 22, 1:00pm (PST)
- Free access is here (Collaborate online platform)
- 50 minutes in duration
For more information on joining the Resource Forum for free or about this event, please contact Geoff Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org.