|Date:||February 9, 2019|
|Time:||10:00 am - 1:00 pm|
|Venue:||Pender Island Ballroom, Hotel Grand Pacific|
|Address:||463 Belleville St , Victoria|
We are looking for permanent employees for March onwards!
The Hotel Grand Pacific’s core values were created by employees. They tell you about our work culture and why it’s a special place to work:
- Everyone is welcome – We invite new employees and guests to our “home”. We celebrate diversity and have an inclusive inviting culture
- Be Genuine – No cookie cutter responses required! We value your ability to provide excellent service and tailor your responses to our guests. No scripts!
- Be Courageous – It takes courage to go the extra mile for our guests and our business
- Listen, Connect and Care – With our guests and are co-workers alike. We have a supportive and encouraging team and leaders
- We are family – There are many long serving employees within the Housekeeping department and the hotel who have passion for the hotel, the job and the people who work here
The hotel is open 7 days a week and 365 days of the year and as such; we are looking for people who can work holidays and weekends.
WHY CHOOSE US?
1. Starting wage is $17.00 per hour then $21.45 after six months
2. Discounted gym membership
3. Discounted employee parking
4. Employee meal program
5. Food discounts in both our Café and Pacific Restaurant
6. Excellent extended benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Employee and Family Assistance Program and MSP coverage. A matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan & an RRSP program, available when eligible)
7. Employee recognition & referral program
8. Treat days, and employee events
9. Not to mention the great team you’ll get to work with!
This highly physical position is an integral part of our organization. Responsible for maintaining the good reputation of the Hotel Grand Pacific by working with speed and precision on our guest rooms while addressing the needs of our guests.
Do you enjoy the autonomy of working independently but with the security you are a part of a team? Do you enjoy the challenge of physical work and reveal in the accomplishment of a job well done? Then we want to meet you!
The successful candidate will be physically capable of lifting and carrying (up to 20lbs) pushing heavy loads for short distances (up to 100lbs) and can stand and walk constantly for 8 hours a day. They must have excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure with constant concentration and attention to detail. Good organizational skills and interpersonal skills. Previous service and cleaning experience is preferred.
Salary/Wage: 17:00-21:45 per hour
What to bring: An updated resume, references and a smile