|Date:||February 20, 2021|
|Time:||10:00 am - 2:00 pm|
The career fair is part of a 3-day event being hosted by InclusionBC for youth, employers, and post-secondary educators discuss paths to employment. The goal of the event is to help young people with barriers to employment, discover their potential for existing job opportunities, improve their job-seeking and job-readiness skills, build networks with accessible employers, and take steps towards finding the job they want.
The target audience will be young people with barriers to employment, aged 16-30+ years, who are looking for accessible employment opportunities in B.C. The secondary target is B.C. employers who can benefit by hiring people with diverse skills and abilities.
During the event, participating employers will also have an opportunity to sign-up to provide mentorships specifically for persons who identify with a disability, through the MentorAbility program. Mentorships can be anywhere from an hour to a full day, either on-site or virtually. Mentoring is a great opportunity for employers too;
- help promote the employment of people with disabilities;
- learn more about individual disability experiences;
- recognize talent and potential;
- develop lasting relationships with disability community leaders;
- tap into a pool of potential future employees;
- demonstrate community leadership, and also
- attract positive media attention.
- To register for the Career Fair, please complete the Participant Form
- If your organization would also like to offer a mentorship opportunity, please complete the Mentor Sign up Form
- Completed forms are to be emailed to Jillian Bradley, Co-Director of Employment Initiatives at InclusionBC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once received, Jillian will follow up with you directly to confirm your registration and provide additional information regarding training for the virtual app/platform that will be used for the event
- Any questions, please contact Jillian directly