It’s been almost one year since new requirements governing Joint Health and Safety Committees took effect, so it’s a good time to check in and see how well your organization shapes up:
- Is your committee making a difference?
- Have your new committee members received the required 8 hours of training?
- Have you conducted an annual review of your committee’s effectiveness?
- How are your terms of reference looking?
go2HR is pleased to offer a webinar to take you through the “must haves” and practical guidance on how to comply with these changes. With expert advice from Alex Booth of the Employers’ Advisers Office, and useful tips and insight offered by Bill Warwick, General Manager of White Spot, this webinar will answer all the questions you didn’t even know you had concerning Joint Health and Safety Committees.
Alex Booth: Adviser with the Employers’ Advisers Office, Ministry of Labour
Bill Warwick: General Manager, Burnaby (Kensington) White Spot Restaurant
Why should you attend the webinar?
- Make sure you are compliant when it comes to Joint Health and Safety Committees;
- Learn how to make your committee work better;
- Be guided through a straightforward evaluation tool that you can use to assess your committee’s effectiveness;
- Understand how to update your committee terms of reference;
- Fathom the difference between the required 8 hours of training for new committee members and the 8 hour training entitlement;
- Hear from industry and learn about practical tips to help you and your workplace;
- Ask questions specific to your business;
- Fulfill your annual OHS training entitlement as part of the JHSC;
- Work towards completing your professional development requirements as a health and safety professional; and
- Work towards the required seven hours of professional development as a certified COR Internal Auditor.
Cost: $49.00 - Register Here
This is a popular topic and we are expecting spots to fill up quickly. Reserve today to guarantee your space.
Alex Booth, Employers’ Advisers Office, Ministry of Labour
Alex Booth is an Adviser with the Employers’ Advisers Office (EAO). The EAO provides free independent advice, assistance, representation and training for employers to help navigate the Workers’ Compensation system.
Alex has been with the EAO for 16 years in various roles and responsibilities. Prior, Alex was responsible for health and safety, return to work and other human resource functions specializing in the food and beverage manufacturing industry.
He has delivered numerous presentations relating to employer requirements under the Workers Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. Alex has a passion for adult education and feels most rewarded when employers have made changes to their health and safety practices as a result of the education he or his colleagues have provided.
Bill Warwick, General Manager, Burnaby (Kensington) White Spot
Bill has been at White Spot for almost 30 years, working his way up from busboy/dishwasher, and everything in-between to General Manager at the Burnaby (Kensington) location today. During his extensive career at White Spot, Bill has worked at both corporate and franchise locations, being part of many joint health and safety committees along the way. Bill is passionate about delivering a “guest first” service all the time, and is a family man with two children and a wonderful wife.
If you would like more information, please email our Health and Safety team.