|Date:||November 22, 2018|
|Time:||11:00 am - 12:00 pm|
WorkSafeBC's interactive Employer Health and Safety Planning Tool Kit is designed to help you create health and safety initiatives that work for your business, yet many organizations don’t know about this valuable, free resource.
Want to know how much money you could save by focusing your injury prevention and management initiatives on your most frequent injuries? go2HR is pleased to offer this webinar, featuring expert insights and advice from WorkSafeBC's Adrian Cook. By providing customized information and reports, the Employer Health and Safety Planning Tool Kit helps you to better direct your efforts, in order to reduce injuries and cut costs. The more workers and time loss claims you have, the more you will benefit from using this Tool Kit. If you are a smaller employer, with limited time loss claims data, Adrian will showcase a range of other valuable tools to help you manage health and safety in your organization.
Speaker: Adrian Cook, Key Account Performance Consultant, WorkSafeBC
Adrian Cook (M.Sc.) has been with WorkSafeBC for 25 years, initially as a frontline prevention officer, now as a manager in WorkSafeBC’s innovative Strategic Engagements department, an industry partnership and outreach area. For the last ten years he has been a leader in Strategic Engagement’s direct employer consulting group working in collaboration with larger employers in B.C.to improve health and safety and injury management performance. His current title is a Key Account Performance Consultant and his specific areas of focus are active health and safety management, health and safety culture change and online motivational tools. During his career Adrian has worked with various different industry sectors and associations creating specific tools and resources for both health and safety and injury management promotion. This includes online incident investigation tools, health and safety culture tools, industry partnership databases, WorkSafeBC’s first suite of return to work videos, and various return to work and health and safety publications; many in partnership with B.C.’s HSAs. For the last 6 years he has been the business development and design lead regarding the on-line data trending and analysis tools for all large BC employers and industry sectors.
Why should you attend the webinar?
- Learn to navigate your way around the Employer Health and Safety Planning Tool Kit and maximize this free resource;
- View your health and safety trends, identify your strengths and understand the key areas for improvement;
- See how your injury rates and experience rating compare to others in your industry sector;
- Compare your safety performance with others in your industry;
- Discover how operational and health and safety changes can make a difference to your team, your business and to your insurance premiums;
- Learn how to prepare customized reports on your health and safety performance;
- Feel empowered to develop relevant health and safety initiatives that will work for your business;
- Ask questions specific to your business;
- Fulfill your annual OHS training entitlement as part of the JHSC;
- Work towards completing your professional development requirements as a health and safety professional;
- Work towards the required seven hours of professional development as a certified COR Internal Auditor; and
- Reserve your place, invite your colleagues to join you and participate in the webinar together.
Questions? If you would like more information, please email our Health and Safety team.
LIke our webinars? We have another one coming up on managing cannabis use in the workplace, Dec. 6. Register for My Way or the High Way: Managing Cannabis Use and Impairment by Employees now!