|Date:||March 5, 2019|
|Time:||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Venue:||Fairmont Pacific Rim|
|Address:||1038 Canada Pl, Vancouver|
Employers increasingly understand the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace, both as a way to address social inequities but also to tackle labour shortages. However, employers are often unsure about how to go about recruiting underrepresented groups. This session offers managers an insight into how to recruit people with disabilities.
You are invited to a one-day professional development training event, hosted by the Presidents Group, BC Win and WCG Services, to better hire, engage and retain people with disabilities. This training event is complimentary and made possible with funding from the Vancouver Foundation.
- Cost: Complimentary for businesses
- Audience: Operations Managers, Supervisors, Hiring Managers, HR Professionals
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided
What will be covered:
- Why Inclusive Cultures Matter
- What’s Working for Business – What are leading employers doing that I can learn from?
- Workplace Adjustments and Duty to Accommodate – What is reasonable accommodation?
- Unconscious Bias – What are the unintended barriers in my workplace?
- Neuro Diverse Talent – Autism in the Workplace
- Candidates and Employees Living with Mental Health Conditions
Space is limited so please reserve your tickets. A maximum of ten tickets per organization will be allotted. Coffee and tea throughout the day, and lunch will be provided.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have.