|Date:||August 26, 2020|
|Time:||1:00 pm - 2:00 pm|
The BC Hotel Association (BCHA) will be hosting a webinar and open forum in collaboration with go2HR and BC’s Alliance of Beverage Licensees (ABLE BC) and will feature Phil Eastwood, a leading expert in workplace conflict related training.
This session will include:
- An overview of the history of violence prevention in British Columbia, current WorkSafeBC regulations and the legal responsibilities that they place on employers across the province.
- The proactive steps that those in the tourism and hospitality industry can take to minimize and mitigate risks and hazards that their staff are exposed to, with a focus on issues surrounding physical distancing policies and the wearing of facemasks.
- The role and legal responsibilities of employees, front-line supervisors and managers will be examined.
- Risk assessing using traditional methods and recent advances in ‘Visual Literacy’ will be explored, as well as a discussion on preventative and best-practice training methods.
- The 5 Myths regarding Workplace Conflict
- 5 things that managers and supervisors can do right now to support their staff when they are faced with COVID-19 related aggression.
- Verbal Judo: A proven de-escalation technique
Register to attend and submit your questions no later than 12:00pm PDT, Tuesday, August 25.