|Date:||July 18, 2019|
|Time:||10:00 am - 12:00 pm|
|Venue:||Coast Langley City Hotel & Convention Centre|
|Address:||20393 Fraser Highway, Langley|
Join WorkSafeBC, and other employers in your region, to learn more about the proposed 2020 rates for your industry, injury trends in British Columbia, and what you can do to reduce injuries, claim costs, and your insurance rate.
Here’s what you can expect to learn
At this year’s rate consultation session, you’ll hear a 60-minute presentation about:
- The financial state of the workers’ compensation system
- Rate and classification changes
- How you, as an employer, can influence your rates through health and safety, and return-to-work activities
After the main presentation, there are two optional breakout sessions:
- Breakout session 1: View a demonstration of the Employer Health and Safety Planning Tool Kit
- Breakout session 2: See an overview of the Industry Classification, Base Rates, and Experience Rating system
If you don’t attend a breakout session, you’ll still have an opportunity to meet with members of the WorkSafeBC team, the Employers' Advisers Office, and health and safety associations.
Attendance is free. Please note, there is limited seating at the breakout sessions.
To reserve your seat, and to indicate if you’d like to participate in a breakout session, please sign up online or call 604.247.7333.