5 Simple Steps Towards Small Employer COR Certification
Think COR certification is only for large businesses? Small tourism and hospitality businesses with fewer than 20 employees can take advantage of a special program that go2HR offers, the Small Employer COR (SECOR) program, which is tailored specifically to their unique needs. Why invest? Safety has never been more critical from a workplace standpoint and going above and beyond the requirements will have positive business outcomes. What’s more, SECOR certified employers can see a 75% reduction on their base WorkSafeBC premiums, up to a maximum of $1,000.
Here are 5 simple steps you can take to start now:
- Register for the program and identify an internal COR champion
- Sign up for go2HR’s SECOR internal auditor training
- Develop your safety management system using this helpful guide and notify go2HR of your intent to audit with at least two weeks’ notice
- Complete audit and submit
- If successful, SECOR certification will be communicated to WorkSafeBC on your behalf by go2HR and your incentive will be credited to your WorkSafeBC account.
To learn more about the SECOR program, contact the go2HR Industry Health and Safety Team.