- Westin Bear Mountain Resort & Spa
- Full Time |
- 1999 Country Club Way Victoria
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: No
The Accounting Manager oversees the accounting team members and ensures they meet all deadlines and goals.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Oversee balancing of daily transactions and upload to accounting system
• Prepare month end journal entries and reconcile various general ledger accounts, including multiple bank and credit card reconciliations
• Perform bi-weekly payroll when payroll position is vacant and provide backup for Payroll Administrator and other accounting functions
• Process month end and prepare financial reports for hotel Owners’ Associations
• Oversee sales tax compliance and process remittances
• Assist with the preparation of the year-end financial statements and schedules for external review.
• Assist in the development of financial forecasts and budgets
• Assist the Director of Finance/Controller with development and monitoring of internal control systems and process improvement.
• Oversee the training and development of finance staff, and delegate duties and authority to meet departmental and organizational goals
• Provide financial data and daily management reports as requested.
• Optimize business processes and drive the automation of current accounting work to reduce administrative workload for accounting department
Our location at Bear Mountain Resort is easily accessible by bus with free on-site parking for employees. Enjoy delicious, high-quality lunches in our staff room and access to our fitness facility. For a special dining experience, receive a 50% discount at Callisto restaurant and a 20% discount at Amatista Spa. We organize staff events and provide access to our outdoor tennis court, wellness activities, and a complimentary round of golf at Bear Mountain. Plus, enjoy excellent discounts on Marriott hotel stays worldwide for family and friends.
Job Application Process
Email resumeApply Now