ACDP – HFB (Health Food Bar)
- University of Victoria Students' Society
- Full Time |
- University of Victoria, Student Union Building, PO Box 3035 Victoria
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
1. Assists with the coordination and oversight of operations of The HFB, supervising
Food Service employees, and participating in the ordering, restocking,
preparation and selling of food products.
1. Reports to and is responsible to the General Manager through the Food Services
Manager and Chef de Partie – HFB.
2. Works closely with the Food Services Manager, Sous Chefs, and Chef de Parties
1. Founded in 1964, the University of Victoria Students’ Society (UVSS) is an
incorporated membership based non-profit that is autonomous from the
University and provides advocacy, services and events to all undergraduate
students at UVic.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
1. Assists in oversight and participates in overall food production, preparation and
customer service within the HFB.
2. Assists with the day-to-day supervision and training of Food Service employees,
including directing them in their daily routines.
3. Participates in the ongoing development of daily work routines and how those
routines relate to the other food service outlets.
4. Working within the parameters established by the Food Services Manager and
the Chef de Partie – HFB, coordinates recipe/menu development and production
routines for daily specials.
5. Ensures appropriate food portioning, presentation, consistency, and quality
6. Operates the POS system efficiently and accurately.
7. Assists with monthly inventory counts.
8. Ensures and maintains orderliness and cleanliness of the outlet and associated
9. Ensures all Health Standards, WCB standards, and fire regulations are adhered
10. Ensures that all policies and procedures of the Division, the Society, and the
Collective Agreement are adhered to.
11. Responsible for notifying Management of any reasonable breaches to policies
and/or procedures in the workplace.
12. Communicates with the Food Services Manager, Chef de Partie – HFB, Sous
Chefs, and relevant Food Services staff about any problems or noteworthy
13. Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the Food Services
Manager, Chef de Partie – HFB, and/or Sous Chefs.
1. Minimum two years’ experience in high volume food service operations (e.g.
hotel, institutional, catering, or fine dining).
2. Minimum one year experience scheduling, supervising and training a large staff.
3. Demonstrated ability in basic commercial kitchen skills, including food storage,
treatment and rotation.
4. Experience with inventory control and management.
5. Menu/recipe development, in addition to a basic understanding of costing as it
relates to menu planning.
6. Food Safe Level II certificate.
7. Experience handling large volumes of cash.
8. Understanding of commercial food preparation techniques and experience with
implementation and preparation of standardized recipes.
9. Dedicated to a high level of customer service.
10. Ability to work independently unsupervised and as part of a team.
11. Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
12. Strong attention to detail, organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
1. Chef training from a recognized culinary institute.
2. Experience with POS Systems.
3. Creative ability to come up with new recipes and menu items.
Great Health and Dental, Pension and vacation benefits
Foundations of Workplace Safety (includes WHMIS), FOODSAFE Level 1 by Distance Education
Job Application Process
Apply by email before August 31st @ 9amApply Now