Adventure Assistant (Guest Services) – Ucluelet
- Jamie's Whaling Station Ltd.
- Full Time |
- Part Time |
- 168 Fraser Lane
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Since 1982, Jamie’s Whaling Station and our team of local expert guides have been professionally guiding adventure
seekers from around the world to explore the stunning ecosystems of Clayoquot and Barkley Sound. Jamie’s takes a lot
of pride in using our tours as platforms to educate our guests on our local ecosystems. We focus on every living
organism, from big to small, with the goal of future preservation and conservation of these pristine ecosystems. Jamie’s
operates our waterfront adventure centres in both Tofino and Ucluelet, British Columbia.
POSITION: Adventure Assistant
WAGE: $17-23 based on experience
INCENTIVE: $1 per hour for those working a full season.
DURATION: Full-time and part-time seasonal positions (March -October)
DESCRIPTION: An Adventure Assistant is the first person of contact for guests. Whether in person or by phone, they
answer all questions, concerns, and act on special requests. They provide polite, professional customer service for all
guests before and after tours.
*Accommodation is extremely limited in our area; it is recommended that candidates secure housing prior to applying*
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Maintains up to date knowledge of all tours offered by Jamie’s Whaling Station and our adventure partners.
• Maintains up to date knowledge of our reservations system, Fare Harbor, including collecting and entering
information to make, bookings, process payments, and resolve problems.
• Ensures guests’ expectations are managed and they are informed of tour details including but not limited to;
health & mobility restrictions, cancellation policies, check in times and locations, and our sightings guarantee.
• Ensures that the check-in process is both timely and simple for all guests.
• Maintaining a clean and tidy work environment.
• Communication between vessel crew and office to relay and receive tour information, generally by radio.
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Has the desire to succeed as part of a team and contribute positively to the company culture.
• Has superb attention to detail with a commitment to quality and effective time management.
• Possesses the ability to approach, speak with and assist guests, some from all over the world.
• Has a fundamental understanding of the tourism industry through education and/or experience.
• Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluency in English, other languages is an asset.
• Is passionate about our marine ecosystems and what we can do to protect them.
• Knowledge of what it takes to provide an exceptional guest experience and how to provide service recovery.
• Computer, phone, Microsoft Word and Excel skills required.
• Some candidates may be required to get their Radio Operators Certificate, courses available online
17-23 nased on experience
Retention Bonus: $1 per hour for those working a full season One site parking, hands on training, boat trips on your days off, staff bonding events, radio training, discounted coffee and merchandise.
Job Application Process
Email resume and Cover letter to: Jobs@Jamies.com and fill out an application at the link below.Apply Now