Assistant Chef de Partie – The Grill
- University of Victoria Students' Society
- Full Time |
- University of Victoria, Student Union Building, PO Box 3035 Victoria
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
1. Assists with all aspects of operating The Grill.
1. Reports to Chef de Partie – The Grill.
2. Is responsible to the General Manager through the Food Services Manager.
1. Founded in 1964, the University of Victoria Students’ Society (UVSS) is an incorporated membership based non-profit that is autonomous from the University and provides advocacy, services and events to all undergraduate students at UVic.
1. Assists in oversight and participates in overall food production, preparation and customer service within The Grill.
2. Assists with the day-to-day supervision and training of Food Service employees.
3. Participates in the ongoing development of daily work routines and how those routines relate to the other food service outlets.
4. Assists with recipe and menu development and production needs for daily specials.
5. Ensures appropriate food portioning, presentation, consistency, and quality controls.
6. Operates the POS system efficiently and accurately.
7. Assists with monthly inventory counts.
8. Maintain order and cleanliness of the outlet and associated equipment.
9. Ensures all Health Standards, WCB standards, and fire regulations are adhered to.
10. Commitment to ensuring safer spaces in the workplace.
11. Ensures that all policies and procedures of the Collective Agreement are adhered to.
12. Communicates any issues or noteworthy points to the appropriate supervisor.
13. Other related duties as may be assigned.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
1. Minimum two years’ experience in high volume food service operations (e.g. hotel, institutional, catering, or fine dining).
2. Minimum one years’ experience scheduling, supervising and training a large staff.
3. Demonstrated basic commercial kitchen skills, including food storage, treatment and rotation.
4. Experience with inventory control and management.
5. Menu/recipe development and a basic understanding of food costing.
6. Food Safe Level II.
7. Experience handling large volumes of cash.
8. Understanding of commercial food preparation techniques and experience with implementation and preparation of standardized recipes.
9. Dedicated to a high level of customer service.
10. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
11. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
12. Strong attention to detail, time management and problem-solving skills.
13. Must be punctual and reliable.
1. Chef training from a recognized culinary institute.
2. Experience with POS Systems.
3. Creative ability to come up with new recipes and menu items.
Unionized position with great benefits including health, dental and pension. Generous vacation time. Equal opportunity employer.
FOODSAFE Level 1 by Distance Education
Job Application Process
Deadline Nov 15th, 9amApply Now