Assistant General Manager
- The Truffles Group
- Full Time |
- Colwood, BC
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Cascadia Liquor is in search of a motivated Assistant General Manager to join our talented team at our newest location opening up soon in Allandale, Colwood!
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) reports to the General Manager (GM) and is responsible for overseeing day-to-day management duties of the Cascadia Liquor location, including driving sales and providing an exceptional guest experience, managing expenses, and improving productivity and profitability, all while enhancing the brand. This position ensures compliance with government regulations and is involved in policy management.
You will be directly involved in the selection, supervision, and support of the team; communicating goals, processes, and policies; helping provide solutions for day-to-day problems; motivating and recognizing the team; and supporting the growth and development of all team members, building a strong culture. Our ideal candidate is a leader-by-example and is involved in implementing marketing and promotional activities and strategies that continually increase sales, maximize margins and increase market share for the company to achieve financial objectives.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Works in collaboration with the General Manager (GM) to lead and inspire a seasoned team of employees to meet productivity goals and deliver impeccable & consistent guest service quality and capacity.
• Works together with the GM to provide people leadership in recruitment, training and development, scheduling practices, clear expectations and follow up, coaching, and performance management to create a positive working environment and great culture.
• Promotes a helpful and friendly environment to ensure guests arrive and leave with a great impression; turns challenges into opportunities; collaborates; brings positive attitude every day.
• Manages inventory with an eye for organization, display, and stocking of products.
• Works closely with the GM to plan and accomplish revenue targets by action planning, communicating goals, inspiring the team, and following processes and best practices.
• Ensures all cash handling policies, health and safety requirements, and building and equipment maintenance standards are meeting company and government standards in all aspects of operational and team day-to-day execution.
• Reviews financial data and makes recommendations for ways to increase sales, maximize margins, and minimize expenses; identifies new opportunities; pricing, packaging, merchandising and process changes; and consumer needs and trends.
• Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new operational and leadership processes and government regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining strong community and business relations.
• Maintains effective business relationships, utilizing strong communication skills with all leadership and their direct reports, external partners in business and the government, to ensure support and professional representation of the business brand.
• Assists the GM in providing input for specific location and operational data on short term and long-range strategic planning and budget development to achieve overall sales and profitability goals in support of the Regional Operations Manager.
• Such other duties as are customarily performed by one holding the position of an Assistant General Manager in businesses that are similar to Cascadia Liquor.
• Such other and unrelated duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Employer.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
• 2+ years of liquor retail experience, with at least 1 year in an assistant manager or supervisor position in a hospitality or retail setting.
• An approachable, confident, and service-focused personality
• Strong communication skills and the ability to manage and motivate people
• Knowledge of and passion for the beverage industry
• Certification in wine, beer and/or spirits (WSET Level 2 or equivalent) is considered a strong asset
• The ability to lift 25 kg repeatedly and stay physically active throughout your time at work
• Strong skills in MS Office, retail POS systems, and office administration
• Serving It Right certification
Locally owned & operated for 30+ years Competitive wages Competitive extended health & dental RRSP matching Paid volunteer days & charitable donation matching Anniversary bonuses Education & tuition reimbursement Annual health & wellness reimbursement Product & staff discounts to all our brands In-house training & certifications Opportunity for growth & advancement/leadership development Refer a friend… we’ll pay you! FUN working environment – lots of team engagement initiatives and annual parties Respectful & inclusive culture
Serving It Right
Job Application Process
Our ideal candidate has a passion for our culture, our brands and being an active member of our team. If this position sounds like a great fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter!Apply Now