Assistant Maintenance Manager
- Hotel Grand Pacific
- Full Time |
- 463 Belleville St Victoria
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Are you a maintenance supervisor looking for a new leadership opportunity? Join Hotel Grand Pacific as an Assistant Maintenance Manager and help guide the team that maintains first-class facilities for our guests. An independent luxury property located on Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, we are proudly affiliated with Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
This is a hands-on maintenance role that will involve working on various projects. Candidates should have a solid background in facilities maintenance as well as proven supervisory experience.
The chosen candidate will start work in March 2024. Shifts will start at 7am.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Assist with the direction of an efficient and organized Maintenance department
• Help oversee the general upkeep of the hotel, equipment and facilities
• Prioritize daily maintenance tasks and assign work accordingly
• Ensure that guest & staff maintenance requests are responded to in a timely fashion
• Oversee cleaning and maintenance of the pool, sauna and steam room
• Participate in routine maintenance projects and renovations
• Support the training and development of Maintenance staff
• Assist with scheduling and payroll when required
• Ensure health and safety procedures are strictly adhered to at all times.
What We’re Looking For:
• 5 years of Building Maintenance experience, preferably at a hotel/resort, with proven competency troubleshooting general maintenance issues
• At least 2 years of supervisory experience
• Experience with HVAC, professional painting, woodworking, staining, drywall, and wallpapering
• Pool operator experience
• Positive and effective verbal & written communication skills
• Accountable and professional with a high level of integrity
• Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, Excel
• Able to occasionally lift up to 25 kilograms
• Able to continually push and pull carts/dollys with loads up to 50 kilograms
• Available to work more than 30 hours per week, including on weekends when required.
*We thank applicants for their interest but are only able to consider candidates with valid authorization to work full-time in Canada.*
Why Choose Us? • Onsite parking • Excellent extended health benefits (Life and AD&D, Health, Dental, Vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance program.) • Matching Group RRSP available after 1 year • Discounted gym membership for Victoria Athletic Club • Subsidized meal program • Food discounts in both our Courtyard Café and Fathom Restaurant • Discounted hotel rate for family and friends • Employee discount available at other Preferred Hotels • Employee recognition & referral program • Treat days, employee events and an annual employee party • We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and inclusion in our team. • We support employee professional growth through internal job postings.
Job Application Process
Please email your resume to the address below. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be invited for interview. Two satisfactory professional references are required prior to an offer being made. Candidates requiring any modifications during the screening process are invited to let us know when sending their resume.Apply Now