Baker / Sourdough Bread Maker
- The Bench Bakehouse
- Full Time |
- 1641 Commercial Drive Vancouver
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: No
We are currently looking for a full-time early morning baker / sourdough bread maker to join our team. The schedule for this position is 4am to 12pm Saturday and Sunday, 5am to 1pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (Thursdays & Fridays off).
This is a fast paced position that requires the ability to multitask and work independently.
We are looking for people with the following qualities:
• Punctual and reliable, can work early mornings and weekends
• Has a sense of urgency, can complete tasks in a timely manner and work under pressure
• Able to take direction and follow instructions
• Always willing to learn and be challenged
• Take pride in their work and has good attention to detail
• Physically fit, able to stand for long periods
• Ability to lift heavy objects (min. 20kg)
• Comfortable with numbers and basic math
• Able to communicate effectively within a team environment and work well with others
• Maintain a sanitary work environment
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Saturday and Sunday this positions main responsibility is the morning bake-off including proofing, baking and finishing of laminated pastries, scoring and baking sourdough bread, dividing ciabatta, dividing and shaping of baguettes, preparation and baking of double baked croissants, baking of other pastries and cookies.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this positions main responsibility is to assist with the morning bake-off and sourdough bread making/shaping under the direction of the primary bake-off and bread making personnel.
Additional duties include preparation of creams, fillings and icings, icing cakes, general prep work and assisting with production (such as scones, cookie doughs, quick breads).
This position has the following requirements:
• Formal baking/pastry arts training
• Food Safe Certificate
• Minimum 1 year experience in a similar environment preferred
19.00 - $23.00
• Extended Health Benefits offered after 3 months full time employment • Tip sharing • Free food for staff meals • Discounted or free bakery product
FOODSAFE Level 1 by Distance Education
Job Application Process
Please apply via email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Baker Position Job Application’, and your resume attached. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Now