Casual Relief Visitor Centre Counsellor
- Williams Lake & District Chamber of Commerce
- Not Applicable |
- 1660 Broadway Ave S. Williams Lake
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Far Away From The Everyday!
Are you passionate about the Tourism industry and assisting with the day-to-day operations of a beautiful and unique Visitor Centre?
Do you enjoy event planning and have a talent for engaging with locals and visitors alike?
If so, the role of Visitor Centre Counsellor could be the right fit for you!
In the heart of the Cariboo Chilcotin, situated on the land of the T’exelcemc, surrounded by hundreds of lakes and rivers, beautiful neighbourhoods, great restaurants and a rich cultural history. The Williams Lake Visitor Centre is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who is passionate, fun and welcoming to join our amazing team as a Visitor Information Centre Counsellor.
For this exciting and fun position as the Visitor Centre Counsellor, plays a vital role in promoting tourism, enhancing visitor experiences, and providing valuable and accurate information about the local community and businesses. This position is an integral part of the Williams Lake & District Chamber of Commerce’s efforts to engage with tourists, support local businesses, and showcase the unique offerings of the region.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Visitor Centre Manager and Executive Director, the Visitor Centre Counsellor is responsible for the following:
1. Visitor Engagement:
• Greet & welcome visitors with enthusiasm and a friendly demeanour.
• Provide accurate and up-to-date information about local attractions, events, accommodations, dining options, and activities.
• Tailor recommendations to suit the interests and preferences of individual visitors.
• Respond to inquiries in person, over the phone, and via email with professionalism and a customer-oriented approach.
2. Information Dissemination:
• Distribute brochures, maps, and promotional materials to assist visitors in navigating the area.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the local area’s history, culture, and points of interest.
• Stay informed about upcoming events, festivals, and community happenings to provide relevant information to visitors.
3. Local Business Support:
• Promote and advocate for local businesses by highlighting their products, services, and special offerings.
• Facilitate partnerships between visitors and local businesses, fostering economic growth within the community.
• Assist with the coordination of joint marketing initiatives to promote the region as a whole.
4. Visitor Centre Operations:
• Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the Visitor Centre space.
• Ensure that displays, exhibits, and information materials are well-presented and regularly updated.
• Assist in the management of visitor centre inventory, including brochures and promotional materials.
• Coffee shop Barista duties including preparation of coffee beverages for customers.
• Ice cream and milkshake serving during the summer months.
• Gift shop customer service and point of sale software system. Keep shop organized and clean. Conduct monthly and annual inventory of items. Arrange displays to be appealing and keep items circulating.
5. Data Collection and Reporting:
• Record visitors and their inquiries, feedback, and requests to contribute to the enhancement of services and offerings.
• Track visitor trends, interests, and demographic information.
• Collaborate with the Chamber of Commerce team to develop strategies based on collected data.
6. Networking and Outreach:
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with local businesses, community partners, and tourism stakeholders.
• Attend Chamber of Commerce events, local tourism meetings, and workshops to stay informed and connected with the industry.
• High school diploma or equivalent; relevant college degree or coursework is a plus.
• Knowledge the local area’s attractions, businesses and points of interest.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Proficiency in using computer software for data entry, communication and information retrieval.
• Knowledge of and ability to use Social Media as a marketing tool is an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently, manage time efficiently, and handle a fast-paced environment.
• Discretion and judgment in dealing with confidential/sensitive documents and inquiries;
8. Working Conditions:
This is a Casual-Relief position based at the Williams Lake & District Chamber of Commerce Visitor Centre. The role may require standing for extended periods, handling information materials, and engaging with visitors from diverse backgrounds. Weekends, holidays and evening shifts may be required to accommodate visitor centre hours and events.
Benefits include, staff discounts, fun atmosphere, training opportunities, advancement opportunities, and regional familiarization tours.
SuperHost Foundations of Service Quality, SuperHost Service For All
Job Application Process
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in working with the Williams Lake Tourism Discovery Centre. Applications can be emailed (please mention Visitor Centre Counsellor in the Subject line) to: Tamara Garreau Williams Lake & District Chamber of Commerce 1660 Broadway Ave S. Williams Lake, BC V2G 2V8 – Fax: (250) 392-4214/Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now