- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel
- Full Time |
- Part Time |
- 1000 Burrard Street Vancouver
- 2 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre and The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport are dedicated to providing guests with exceptional quality, service, and value. These guiding principles are evident with every check-in, bed made, or breakfast served. You can see this commitment to quality in the physical properties of the hotels themselves; located in the heart of the city and at Vancouver’s airport, surveying the magnificent natural elements that combine to make Vancouver one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We are proud to be Vancouver built, Vancouver owned, and Vancouver run.
A wall is only as strong as those that build it. Our associates are brought together by the fundamental sense of self-worth they derive from helping others. While each person’s talents are a credit, it is an individual’s commitment to the group effort that creates excellence.
Our foundation is exceptional people, and our passion is supporting them to succeed and exceed. More so than experience or education, it is a unanimous enthusiasm that is most highly valued. For those who work hard and consistently display positive attitude and aptitude, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Wall Centre Hotels is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Wall Centre Hotels, through education, review and engagement is achieving a work environment that is fair and just for all associates and where all associates are valued for the diversity they bring to the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, and age.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Adhere to all policies and procedures set by Wall Centre Hotels.
• Maintain Hotel and Franchise standards.
• Report to Director of Guest Experience and Bell Services leadership.
• Liaise with Safety Services to inform of hotel policy or safety violations, Person of Interest alerts, and all other general updates as requested by Director or Manager of Safety Services.
• Provide a high level of service to arriving and departing hotel guests and visitors
• Direct vehicle and pedestrian traffic in the auto court.
• Follow and enforce traffic and parking control plans in auto court to facilitate safe and efficient traffic flow.
• Oversee daily and event parking; monitor and enforce courtyard parking time limits
• Issue citations for violations to auto court parking policies.
• Uphold procedural standards for auto court, door hold vehicles, valet vehicles, rideshare drivers, and bus traffic.
• Assist with Bell Services duties as necessary, at discretion of Bell Services leadership.
• Monitor and report cleanliness or maintenance issues in auto court and parkade.
• Assistance with parkade traffic control and lot counts.
• Work outdoors in all weather conditions year-round.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Guest Experience and Bell Services leadership.
• Previous guest service experience preferred.
• Previous security or traffic control experience preferred.
• Must have valid class 5 British Columbia driver’s license and clean drivers abstract.
• Must be able to speak, read and write English. Fluency in additional language(s) an asset.
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to handle high volume and stressful situations.
• Must be able to work varying shifts – early morning starts, late night finishes.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuous basis.
• Must have thorough knowledge of the Hotel services & amenities.
• Must be able to focus on guests’ needs by understanding guest enquiries and providing adequate responses.
• Must be comfortable enforcing Hotel policies.
• Must be able to organize, prioritize and make sound decisions.
• Must be able to think quickly and act accordingly.
• Must be a team player, but also able to work individually.
$27.00-$30.05 per hour
Job Application Process
Please send a resume and/or cover letter attention to Human ResourcesApply Now