Conference and Association Manager
- Sea to Sky Meeting and Association Management
- Full Time |
- 201 Bewicke Ave
- 1 position available
- Assessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
ABOUT SEA TO SKY MEETING AND ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT INC:
Sea to Sky Meeting and Association Management Inc. (Sea to Sky) is an award winning company founded in 2001. Our core business is providing conference, event and association management services to associations and organizations around the world. Our clients include individuals, provincial, national and international associations, provincial and federal governments and corporations.
We provide our clients with “one-stop” shopping options for conference, association management, tradeshow, special event production, tours and registration services. Our association management services includes helping board members and executive directors develop and implement strategic plans, providing membership administration, retention and recruitment services, managing finances, raising funds, managing projects and programs, and streamlining processes and systems to make the Society more efficient and effective. Our in person conference and event experience varies from international conferences of up to 4,000 attendees, to a public festival of 8,000 visitors, and provincial and national annual conferences of 300 to 1,500 attendees. Our virtual event and online education experience consists of many forms: from virtual resource libraries, webinars, classrooms and fully accredited programs to virtual meetings, workshops, conferences and exhibitions.
Reporting to the President, the Project Manager is responsible for the management and successful delivery of Sea to Sky’s client projects (associations, conferences and events) and assists with office management and operations. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic management of event contracts from initial stage to final product including management of logistics, marketing, social media, sponsorship and exhibit management, budget development, financial reporting, pre and onsite registration, tours, spousal programs and special events, housing and committee management
- Strategic management of association management contracts from the routine and detail-orientated tasks to build a solid policy and procedural foundation tailored to meet the strategic goals and objectives of the association.
- Oversight of direct reports through setting goals, establishing timelines, and holding team members accountable to high quality work standards
- Monitoring timelines, operating systems, costs and quality levels of programs, projects and activities, and taking corrective action when need and/or recommending improvements
The candidate will work as a team player with Sea to Sky’s clients, colleagues and suppliers, be open to learning and contributing new ideas, deliver outstanding services keeping with the vision, values and strategic direction of Sea to Sky and our clients.
Preference will be given to candidates that are able to work onsite in our North Vancouver office. For the right candidate, hybrid or remote work options will be considered.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An industry competitive salary and benefit package
- Flexible full-time and part-time work options
- Opportunities for national and international travel
- Dynamic and friendly team work environment
- Potential for career growth and support for ongoing professional development
HOURS AND REMUNERATION:
Flexible and extra hours are occasionally required, leading up to an event and/or meeting. Travel may be involved if the meetings take place outside of Vancouver and/or very early hours to accommodate virtual meeting time zones. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. Benefits package provided.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES:
- Must have a college or university degree (or industry equivalent) with at least 3 years of relevant experience working at the manager level in association and conference management or a related industry
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and an understanding of technology as it applies to virtual and hybrid conferences
- A team player who delivers the highest possible standards in terms of work quality and customer service
- A detail oriented effective communicator who provides accurate and timely responses to enquires, requests and deadlines.
- Experience in digital marketing and a second language (French preferred) are assets