Convention and Events Sales Manager
- Prestige Hotels and Resorts
- Full Time |
- 251 Harbourfront Drive NE, Salmon Arm
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: No
Are you an event planner, account executive, business developer, marketing professional, restaurant manager, or sales manager?
Are you in hospitality or looking to join the hospitality industry?
This dynamic role blends a keen sales aptitude with strong coordination and administrative skill set to ensure the successful execution of on-site banquets and events. Reporting to the General Manager, the Convention and Sales Manager will work closely with the resort management team as well as the Prestige Hotels & Resorts sales team to drive revenues at this spectacular lakefront location.
Located on the edge of a nature estuary with unobstructed views of Shuswap Lake, the Prestige Harbourfront Resort Salmon Arm features waterfront banquet facilities ideal for weddings and conferences, an outdoor event space for ceremonies and receptions, and 121 guestrooms.
Who are we?
We are more than a hotel chain. We are BC’s finest family-owned collection of resorts, hotels, and inns with locations in 13 destinations across the province. Hard work, kindness, and delivering superior guest experiences with a personal touch are at the forefront of our company’s values.
Read our story at: https://www.prestigehotelsandresorts.com/about-us/our-story/
What is in it for you?
– Opportunity to work with people who know the inner workings of the hospitality industry and excel at customer service
– Opportunity to provide our guests and clients with exceptional service while helping coordinate and execute weddings and events that not only meet their needs, but exceed their expectations
– Be a part of a company that wants to make a difference in BC communities ( https://www.prestigehotelsandresorts.com/about-us/joeanna-s-house/ & https://www.prestigehotelsandresorts.com/about-us/go-green-program/ )
– Competitive pay structure including base salary of $45,000 per year and sales commissions (estimated at $13,000 – $15,000 per year)
– Prestige benefits package
– RRSP contributions upon enrollment
– Flexible scheduling
– Restaurant, hotel, and spa discounts
Job Duties Include:
– Sell event space, guestrooms, and/or catering services through client consultations, site visits, and preparation of proposals
– Prospecting of potential new clients; proactive sales efforts including identifying leads, making sales calls, client visits, pursue referrals
– Building relationships with existing clients; always looking for opportunities to grow the account and continue to be their preferred host location
– Routine proactive sales efforts to achieve annual targets for catering and guestroom revenues
– Coordinate event details through meetings with clients to discuss requirements such as deadlines, number of guests, occasion, and to explain services offered, i.e., room capacity, decorations, menu, other venue options, etc.
– Make recommendations for the successful execution of the client’s event
– Create cost estimates, prepare contracts, banquet event orders, and obtain clients’ signature on contracts, and ensure deposits and payments are collected according to schedule
– Communication of event details to other hotel departments; strong working relationship with the food and beverage operator and banquet team
– Personal attention to events as required
– Provide input and recommendations on marketing and sales pieces for the hotel’s meeting spaces
– Representing Prestige at industry events, tradeshows, and/or networking events
– Attendance at the Annual Prestige Hotels & Resorts Convention & Sales Managers Meeting
– Perform any duties required for the successful execution of events while meeting Prestige standards
– Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or corporate office sales team
There are always opportunities to expand a career with Prestige Hotels & Resorts. We are 15 properties strong and are always looking for great leaders to join our team.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
What does an ideal candidate look like?
– High level attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Skilled on the computer and with technology
– Works well under pressure, able to meet deadlines in a calm manner and work on multiple projects simultaneously
– Goal-orientation with a desire to meet sales targets
– Love for helping others
– Previous catering sales or banquet sales experience
– Understanding of the Okanagan/Shuswap region’s event and meetings market, and our comp set
– Strong background in the food and beverage industry
– Previous hotel or resort experience
– Working knowledge of sales management software such as Event – Temple, Caterease or similar, and MS Office
– A flexible schedule to accommodate client needs including some evening or weekend work
– Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Competitive pay structure including base salary of $45,000 per year and sales commissions (estimated at $13,000 - $15,000 per year)Apply Now