Director of Marketing
- Cypress Mountain
- Full Time |
- 6000 Cypress Bowl Road West Vancouver
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
The Director of Marketing for Cypress Mountain plays a pivotal role in developing and executing strategic marketing initiatives to enhance brand visibility, drive revenue growth, and create an engaging experience for our guests. This is a senior leadership position based at the resort and reporting to the General Manager, working across resort teams to ensure a unified brand message across all channels and maximize revenue.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to the following):
• Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans aligned with Cypress Mountain’s overall business objectives.
• Work collaboratively with senior leaders to identify growth opportunities through new activities and experiences.
• Lead the resort marketing team with responsibility for all Cypress Mountain marketing efforts, supported by the Boyne Resorts corporate team.
• Serve as brand manager to ensure a clear brand vision across the organization and alignment of the guest experience across all touchpoints.
• Lead product development across core activities including pricing strategy and optimization.
• Oversee the creation of marketing campaigns, both digital and traditional, ensuring consistency and alignment with the brand and business objectives.
• Lead the planning and execution of targeted promotions to drive seasonal products, events, and special offers.
• Manage digital marketing efforts, including website content, SEO, social media, app, and email campaigns.
• Work collaboratively with Sales and Guest Service teams to support alignment on revenue generation.
• Guide event ideation and activation to enhance the guest experience.
• Build and manage the marketing budget effectively, optimizing spending to achieve maximum ROI.
• Monitor and report on key performance indicators and metrics to measure marketing performance and financial results.
• Develop and manage partnerships to enhance the guest experience, increase marketing reach, and support the Cypress brand.
• Lead media outreach and PR efforts including crisis communication and serve as resort spokesperson.
• Represent Cypress Mountain in community and industry organizations.
• Embrace the company’s core values:
o K.R.P. – Kindness, Respect and Professionalism in every interaction
o L.E.A.D.- Long Term Thinking, Excellence in Execution, Attitude is Everything and Develop Great People
• 7+ years of progressive experience in marketing, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
• Experience in the ski resort, outdoor recreation, hospitality, or tourism industry is highly desirable.
• Strong understanding of digital and traditional marketing channels.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make strategic recommendations.
• Passion for outdoor activities and intermediate or advanced skiing and snowboarding ability is an asset.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Well organized, punctual, hardworking, self-motivated, and outgoing.
• Ability to remain organized and courteous when under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Adaptable to work effectively in a diverse and ever-changing working environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field.
• Must be able to legally work in Canada.
• Valid driver’s license
• A reliable/insured vehicle with winter tires to get to/from work (no shuttle service in the off-season months)
• Benefits package • Annual bonus program • Skiing/riding/cross country skiing/snowshoeing/snow tubing benefits • Season pass(es) for immediate family (including spouse and minor children) • Free Lessons & Discounts in both F&B and Big Bear Sports • FUN work atmosphere in unique environment!
Job Application Process