Director of Risk Management
- Cypress Mountain
- Full Time |
- 6000 Cypress Bowl Road West Vancouver
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Cypress Mountain is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Risk Management to join our dynamic team. As the Director of Risk Management, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the safety and security of our guests, Team members and assets, while also contributing to the overall success and sustainability of Cypress Mountain.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to the following):
Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
• Conduct comprehensive risk assessments across all areas of Cypress Mountain operations.
• Develop and implement effective risk mitigation strategies and action plans.
• Collaborate with department heads to identify and address potential risks specific to their areas.
Policy Development and Compliance:
• Establish and update risk management policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and best practices.
• Educate staff on risk management protocols and foster a culture of safety.
• Oversee the selection and management of insurance policies to adequately cover potential risks.
• Work closely with insurance providers to negotiate terms and ensure optimal coverage.
• Manage claims processes and coordinate investigations when incidents occur.
Emergency Response Planning:
• Develop and maintain comprehensive emergency response plans.
• Coordinate with relevant authorities and emergency services
• Conduct regular drills and training exercises to ensure preparedness.
Incident Investigation and Reporting:
• Lead investigations into incidents, accidents, and near-misses
• Prepare detailed incident reports and analyze root causes.
• Implement corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
Team Training and Development:
• Design and deliver training programs to enhance Team awareness of potential risks.
• Provide ongoing education on safety protocols and best practices.
• Foster a proactive approach to risk management among all employees.
Collaboration and Communication:
• Work closely with other departments to integrate risk management into daily operations.
• Communicate regularly with executive leadership on risk-related matters.
• Represent Cypress Mountain in industry forums and collaborate with external stakeholders.
Embrace the company’s core values:
• K.R.P. – Kindness, Respect and Professionalism in every interaction
• L.E.A.D.- Long Term Thinking, Excellence in Execution, Attitude is Everything and Develop Great People
• Proven experience in risk management, preferably in the outdoor recreation or hospitality industry
• Strong knowledge of industry regulations, safety standards, and best practices
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Ability to think strategically and analytically in assessing and mitigating risks.
• Experience in emergency response planning and incident investigation
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and relevant risk management software
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Well organized, punctual, hardworking, self-motivated, and outgoing
• Ability to remain organized and courteous when under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Adaptable to work effectively in a diverse and ever-changing working environment.
• Ski industry experience an asset.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in risk management, Safety Management, Business Administration, or a related field. Advanced degree or relevant certifications (e.g., CRM, ARM) is a plus.
• Must be able to legally work in Canada.
• Valid driver’s license
• A reliable/insured vehicle with winter tires to get to/from work (no shuttle service in the off-season months)
• Benefits package • Annual bonus program • Skiing/riding/cross country skiing/snowshoeing/snow tubing benefits • Season pass(es) for immediate family (including spouse and minor children) • Free Lessons & Discounts in both F&B and Big Bear Sports • FUN work atmosphere in unique environment!
BSAFE - BC Safety Assured For Everyone, Foundations of Workplace Safety (includes WHMIS)
Job Application Process