Eagle’s Eye Dishwasher & Prep Cook
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
- Full Time |
- Part Time |
- PO Box 839, 1500 Kicking Horse Trail
- Assessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Eagle’s Eye Dishwasher & Prep Cook – Summer 2023
When our guests are looking to replenish their energy on the mountain, you are waiting to provide for them as a member of the Food and Beverage Team. You prioritize the safe handling and distribution of food, while maximizing guest experience. You take pride in providing the best vacation and recreation experience possible.
· Ensure that all equipment in the kitchens and dish washing areas is clean and in good working condition, reporting any deficiencies.
· Ensure adequate levels of cutlery, dishware and glassware are in stock and delivered to all necessary outlets.
· Help to ensure that staff washrooms and storage areas are kept clean and supplies are replenished.
· Maintain a clean and safe work space.
· Demonstrate a commitment to exceeding guest and coworker expectations on a daily basis.
· Manage our sustainability systems, ensuring recycling and garbage are sorted and transported to the appropriate facilities.
· Clean, measure and prepare cooking ingredients and simple dishes such as salads.
· Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
· Work flexible shifts with varying hours, primarily working part time between 24 to 40 hours per week, weather permitting.
· A staff season’s pass to the resort to enjoy downhill biking, hiking, and more.
· Discounts on food, retail, golf, and hotels.
· A competitive wage with seasonal accident insurance.
· Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
· Have a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
· Demonstrate a desire to learn and succeed in the hospitality industry.
· Have previous kitchen experience (an asset, not required).
· Have a Food Safe or have food handling certification (an asset, not required).
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Are able to lift up to 30 pounds, turn, and stand for extended periods of time.
· Can withstand brief exposure to extreme weather conditions (rain, snow, wind, cold, heat) in a mountain environment.
Job Application Process
Interested? Please apply with your resume.We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship may be considered for seasonal roles.Application Video: We like to meet all of our candidates in person, but understand that this is difficult for non-locals. We would love to see a brief (≥60 seconds), creative video outlining your thoughts and experience with safety, teamwork, and guest experience. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, with the link to your video included in your resume or cover letter. Please note that video applications are not mandatory, but will help you stand out amongst the thousands of resumes we receive annually!Apply Now