Eagle's Eye Line Cook
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
- Full Time |
- Part Time |
- PO Box 839, 1500 Kicking Horse Trail
- Assessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Eagle’s Eye Line Cook – Summer 2023
When our guests are looking to replenish their energy on the mountain, you are waiting to provide for them as a valuable member of our Food & Beverage Team. You prioritize the safe handling and distribution of food, while maximizing guest experience. You take pride in providing guests with the best vacation and recreation experience possible.
· Ensure a friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff, maximizing quality of service.
· Prepare, cook, and plate food to established quality and presentation standards.
· Ensure that food is received, stored, handled and prepared in a hygienic and safe manner.
· Assist with inventory and menu development as needed.
· Maintain effective communication through restaurant and with teammates.
· Promote a safe, sanitized work environment, ensuring the highest levels of cleanliness, safety and food storage management.
· Participate in orientation, team meetings, regular cleaning, and season-end clean and close procedures.
· Assist with other duties as assigned.
· A staff season’s pass to the resort to enjoy downhill biking, hiking, and more.
· Discounts on food, retail, golf, and hotels.
· A competitive wage with seasonal accident insurance.
· Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
· Have 1 year previous experience in a food preparation role in a professional dining establishment.
· Have a love of, and passion for, food and cooking.
· Are physically capable of lifting up to 30 lbs and performing manual labor, standing for prolonged periods.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Have Food Safe or other food handling certification.
· Have a culinary background, education, or diploma – an asset.
· Can withstand brief exposure to extreme weather conditions (rain, snow, wind, cold, heat) in a mountain environment.
Job Application Process
Interested? Please apply with your resume.We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship may be considered for seasonal roles.Application Video: We like to meet all of our candidates in person, but understand that this is difficult for non-locals. We would love to see a brief (≥60 seconds), creative video outlining your thoughts and experience with safety, teamwork, and guest experience. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, with the link to your video included in your resume or cover letter. Please note that video applications are not mandatory, but will help you stand out amongst the thousands of resumes we receive annually!Apply Now