Event Staging and Inventory Coordinator
- The Metro Hall
- Part Time |
- 759 Carnarvon Street New Westminster
- 1 position available
- Assessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: No
Job Title: Staging and Inventory Coordinator, Events
Job Description: Part time, permanent. Event based, year-round, flexible schedule (3-5 shifts per week)
Wage: $21/hour + %gratuities on contracts and staff discounts off food & beverage
Who are we:
The Metro is the Lower Mainland`s hottest boutique style events centre with a focus on flexibility & fun.
We’re not your typical banquet hall with white walls and paisley carpets. Our seating is plush, black micro-suede; our chandeliers are crystal; our mirrors are beautifully antiqued, and our LED lighting kits lets you change the lighting to match almost any color scheme…blue, red, gold, purple, pink and more.
We host weddings, cocktail parties, dry grads, music & entertainment based events, and more. And we’re known for some of the hottest theme parties like Mardi Gras, Gatsby Gala, Vegas Nights, Hollywood Celebrity, Twilight, Pin up, Rockabilly, Jazz Bar, Corpse Bride and more…
Why join our team
We’re fun & unpretentious. And our clients are too.
We value honesty, integrity and respect and we work hard to play hard.
We have integrated systems, training and operations that set you up for success.
We appreciate the need for balance and are flexible to life’s little hiccups.
The Metro is Woman owned and is committed to supporting employees of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities and sexualities.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Conducting regular inventory counts of all business items and rental centre items
• Ordering and replenishing inventory.
• Receiving stock and rotating inventory as needed.
• Maintaining all inventory lists & stock rooms.
• Setting up, tearing down and cleaning of room, décor and rentals for events based on client approved floorplans and budgets.
• Helping to create or improve systems of inventory and décor management.
• Providing leadership to other members of the set-up crew & clean team.
• General venue/inventory maintenance as required.
• Option to pick up additional shifts on event nights for interested candidates.
• Great customer service and attitude
• Amazing time management skills (able to juggle multiple deadlines)
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Intermediate computer skills including MS Office, Outlook, and Excel
• Ability to do shift work including some evening and weekend work
• Have access to a vehicle if required for occasional inventory pick-up of non-delivered items.
• Capable of lifting up to 50lbs (set ups and tear down for events involves physical labour)
• Must be 19+ as we are a liquor licensed facility and some handling of liquor will be required.
The following certifications are required, however, certification training can be provided for great candidates.
• Food safe level I
• WHMIS certification is required.
• Serving it right certification
21/hr + Gratuities
Gratuities on contracts social events discounts off food & beverage flexible schedule
Foundations of Workplace Safety (includes WHMIS), FOODSAFE Level 1 by Distance Education, Serving It Right
Job Application Process
To apply, please email resumes in pdf format to email@example.com. You are welcome to visit our website at www.themetrohall.com. No phone calls please.Apply Now