- Southern Gulf Island Tourism Partnership
- Full Time |
- Southern Gulf Islands
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Are you ready to shape the visitor economy in a unique community of artists, innovators, and entrepreneurs? The Southern Gulf Islands Tourism Partnership (SGITP) is on the lookout for a dynamic and creative Executive Director to join our hybrid-office environment in the idyllic Vancouver Island/Gulf Islands region.
WHO WE ARE
The Creative Heart of BC, nurturing possibility and new life through art and nature. The Southern Gulf Islands Tourism Partnership (SGITP) is the community destination management organization (CDMO) for the Southern Gulf Islands region.
As a non-profit society, we are dedicated to promoting an authentic sense of place that goes beyond attracting visitors for the sake of numbers. Our marketing efforts focus on cultivating a genuine connection with the local community, championing their way of life, and fostering a deep appreciation for the unique cultural and environmental heritage of our islands. By encouraging more seasonally balanced visitation and upholding the core values that define our islands, we aim to bolster the economic activity and diversity of our island businesses and create a visitor economy that leaves a net positive benefit on our communities.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Executive Director will steer the organization into the future: defining its operational direction, establishing goals, adapting to external factors, seeking opportunities for growth and/or improvements, anticipating requirements, and managing change. The Executive Director reports to the SGITP Board of Directors, and should be someone who:
● Supports the values of the Southern Gulf Islands region.
● Is motivated by the SGITP’s mission and works well under limited supervision.
● Is organized, efficient, resourceful and dependable.
● Can manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
● Strategic Planning & Implementation
● Relationship Building
● Community Leadership
● Marketing and Destination Stewardship
● Degree or diploma in marketing, business, tourism management, or a related field (an asset).
● Experience in a senior leadership position within a destination marketing or tourism organization or business (an asset).
● Demonstrable financial and administrative management experience, including accounting principles, operational budgets, contract, and budget management (2 years preferred).
● Proficient in stakeholder relationship management, including media relations, public engagement, and government relations.
● Knowledge of Board structures and governance, with experience reporting to a Board of Directors and providing strategic leadership.
● Professional marketing knowledge/experience, including social media marketing.
● Familiarity with destination marketing organizations and the tourism industry (an asset).
● Experience with other business associations, economic development offices, or non-profit associations (an asset).
This is more than a job, it’s an opportunity to make a real difference in the Southern Gulf Islands in an executive-level position helping businesses and people
90,000 - 100,000
Job Application Process
Apply by emailing a cover letter and resume. The posting will remain open until the position is filled.Apply Now