FRONT DESK AGENT (FULL-TIME)
- Shangri-La Vancouver
- Full Time |
- Part Time |
- 1128 West Georgia Street
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Create moments of joy that truly matter.
Exuding sleek sophistication and full of Zen-like energy, Shangri-La Vancouver is your urban sanctuary nestled between the mountains and the sea and located within the core of a vibrant metropolis. Occupying 15 floors of the tallest building in Vancouver, the hotel sits at the heart of the city’s most popular downtown areas. With a lustrous balance of tranquil surroundings coupled with inspirational design, Shangri-La Vancouver hosts people to the colourful joys of life. Shangri-La Vancouver has been awarded the Forbes Five-Star designation and the AAA Five Diamond honour; one of only four hotels in Canada to hold both acclaimed ratings.
Inspired by our Asian heritage, we obsess over the guest experience and seek to deliver hospitality from the heart. Our Colleagues are our unique strength. We seek to hire and develop charismatic, dedicated, and passionate individuals to make their dream career, a reality.
Join our world-class team as we pioneer new horizons.
Your Shangri-La awaits!
We are currently searching for an experienced Guest Hospitality Ambassador to join our team on a full time basis.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Perform duties either at the main reception desk or from inside our Service Centre, handling guest inquiries and requests.
Our Front Desk Agents also are cross trained to provide support and shift coverage as concierges for our guests and residents.
At the hotel main switchboard, answer and transfer calls, take in-room dining orders, monitor service times, monitor the hotel emergency lines, defect reporting, and act as the overall communication hub for the hotel.
Communicate with all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Front Office, and Engineering, ensuring our guests are well taken care of.
Ensure all external and internal guest/colleague inquiries and concerns are answered promptly and professionally either by telephone or the radio system
Take ownership of the caller’s request and ensure follow up according to the hotel’s standards
Process and distribute all guest messages, guest wake-up calls and all incoming faxes
Assist guests with dining reservations, attraction inquiries and all other guest activities as required
Serve as a liaison for Guests requiring information relating to all aspects of the hotel and facilities
Provide professional guest service with genuine care to attention and detail
Accurately complete all special billing requests
Responsible for registering guests, establishing a method payment, assigning a guest room and welcoming the guest to our hotel.
Processing all guest departures presenting a folio of charges to departing guests and receiving payment
Update and monitor room status changes in partnership with Housekeeping
Drive rate through up-selling of room types
Settle guest accounts accurately while ensuring all service standards are followed
Provide customer service over the telephone and in person to all guests while adhering to luxury hotel service standards
Ensure all hotel reports, VIP guest profiles, and other guest requests are prepared prior to guest arrival
Ensures compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices
Assist in handling of guest complaints and ensure that proper follow up takes place
Undertakes other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar capacity within another luxury or upscale hotel brand is preferred
- Previous experience with Micros, Opera, Microsoft Office, Open Table software is an asset
- Professional telephone etiquette and excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, focusing on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, mornings, weekends, holidays and overnight shifts, as required
SHANGRI-LA VANCOUVER COLLEAGUE PRIVILEGES
…we enable people to live, work, play, eat, and rest well through the environments we create and the memorable experiences we deliver! Our Colleagues have access to the following:
- Adventure to 100+ Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts with Colleague Travel perks
- Experience our renowned food & beverage with a special Colleague Discount
- Pamper yourself with discounted wellness journeys and luxury products from CHI the Spa
- Enjoy exclusive access to discounted theatre, cinema, and retailers through our partner programs!
- Indulge in specialty pricing on luxurious pillowtop beds and Linens through our partner programs.
- Connect your event leads or employee referrals and earn a special Colleague bonus!
- Connect with your fellow Colleagues in recognition events throughout the year, celebrating as a team.
- Pursue your own ongoing development through courses and learning workshops as part of the Shangri-La Academy.
- Pursue your own ongoing development through our education reimbursement program
- Secure your vehicle conveniently with access to heavily discounted monthly paid parking
- Eligible Colleagues receive a 25% discount on their monthly transit pass
- Eligible Colleagues and their families participate in our benefits program, which includes comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits.
- Eligible Colleagues can build retirement savings with employer support contributions.
ABOUT SHANGRI-LA HOTELS AND RESORTS
- Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts has been established in luxury since 1971, with locations in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Oceania, and Africa.
- Sister brands include Traders Hotels, Kerry Hotels, and JEN Hotels. Further, the Shangri-La Group holds a diverse portfolio of commercial properties, residences, services, and clubs.
- CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, draws inspiration from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, which describes a unique place of personal peace, enchantment, and well-being. This is a luxurious sanctuary where holistic treatments based on time-honoured methods shared by many Asian cultures bring total relaxation and a feeling of well-being.
Shangri-La Vancouver is committed to fostering a workplace that both promotes and places sincere value on diversity and inclusion. We are committed to maintaining a rich tapestry of talent from across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and life experience.
Job Application Process
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at http://www.areyoushangri-la.com. Due to the volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates we wish to pursue further.
Shangri-La Vancouver will only consider candidates who currently possess the legal right to work in Canada. Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or be in active possession of an Open Work Permit and valid Social Insurance Number. Shangri-La Vancouver is unable to aide international applicants in obtaining the legal right to work.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.
Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver invites you to view our property promotional video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1egGt63vMCg
CHI the Spa invites you to view our promotional video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RlEOOFweXMApply Now