Guest Services Representative
- Parq Vancouver Resort & Casino
- Full Time |
- Not Applicable |
- 39 Smithe Street
- 1 position available
- Assessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Parq Vancouver is Where Vancouver Plays.
Featuring a beautiful casino, high-end salons, restaurants, entertainment, bars, patios, and hotels all under one roof, Parq is where Vancouverites and visitors alike come to have fun with friends and family in a vibrant and memorable environment unlike anything else in the city.
We are proud to celebrate Vancouver, its beauty, and its people, which we do through creating unique experiences, offering high quality amenities, and building relationships with locals, visitors and like-minded businesses
The Guest Services Representative is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to guests in the casino, ensuring guests feel welcomed and that they leave with a long lasting positive impression of our establishment. This position acts as a resource and host to guests calling and/or visiting the casino by maintaining a working knowledge of our facilities and special events
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exceptional service to all guest in a professional, friendly, and timely manner by providing the customer service standards implemented by the organization
- Ensure work area appears professional, clean and inviting to guests
- Communicate with new guests about the benefits of signing up for the Encore Reward Card
- Efficiently and accurately creates and maintains Encore Reward Card accounts as needed
- Resolve guest complaints/issues and if needed, escalate immediately to Supervisor or Management in a personalized and caring manner
- Assist various departments in the promotion of casino events and tournaments for Table Games as well as Slots
- Meet and greet with bus tour groups as they arrive
- Maintain working knowledge of company and BCLC policy and procedures
- Monitor inventory of promotional items and supplies; notify Supervisor if replenishment is needed
- Operate Coat and Bag check for guests
- Accurately assist guests when checking guest accounts for points and complimentary offer availability
- Uphold professional business confidentiality at all times
- Other duties may be assigned
WHY WORK AT PARQ
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits!
- RSP/RRSP Matching!
- Employee and Family Assistance Program!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 20% off at Parq Food & Beverage Outlets!
- Discounted rates at local businesses within the community!
- Volunteer opportunities!
- Employee Recognition Program!
- Opportunities for growth and development!
- Companywide events!
- Refer a Friend Program!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years’ experience in a server or customer service role
- Previous cash handling experience is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be familiar working with Microsoft Office
- Able to work under pressure and handle long guest lines, customer demands, and complaints
- Proven superior customer service experience
- Excellent organizational skill and attention to detail
- Some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas of the casino is beneficial
- Multilingual is an asset
CERTIFICATES AND/OR LICENSE REQUIRMENTS
- Valid GPEB License
- BCLC Certifications
- Serving it Right Certification
- Able to lift, handle, and transport materials that are over 20lbs
- Required to stand for extended periods of timE
Serving It RightApply Now