- Kumsheen Rafting Resort
- Full Time |
- 1345 Trans Canada Hwy
- 1 position available
- Assessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
About the position:
Hosting guests from around BC and around the world, Kumsheen Rafting Resort is a unique, upscale whitewater rafting and adventure resort located in the heart of the scenic Fraser Canyon, three hours from Vancouver, BC. The Head Chef works in Kumsheen’s Cutting Board Restaurant and oversees all back-of-house operations, working closely with the Front of House Manager for overall restaurant operations. The Cutting Board Restaurant provides a friendly atmosphere, remarkable food, and memorable service to our resort guests.
- In a typical year, the Cutting Board Restaurant seats 60 indoors and has a seasonal patio that seats another 60. It is a full-service restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, catering primarily to resort guests and secondarily to the general public in summer months.
- In May, June, and September, service is largely pre-booked banquet style meals for large groups (Dry-Grads, Corporate, etc.). During the peak season, (mid-June until mid-September), service is a limited à la carte menu and some banquet-style meals for large groups.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all aspects of the food-service operation, including the administrative and technical duties required to provide the restaurant with high-quality cuisine
- Work closely with FOH manager for overall management of the Restaurant staff and operations
- Responsible for adherence to all provincial sanitation guidelines
- Supervise the duties of all other kitchen personnel, including training new staff members when necessary
- Be familiar with food products, purchasing, food-cost calculation, and the accounting necessary to run a quality food-service operation
- Maintain a clean, organized and well stocked kitchen
- Be friendly and outgoing with positive communication skills and patience
- Develop the season’s menu with our General Managers
- Our Back of House Staff usually make about an additional $2-4 per hour on top of their hourly wage, season dependant
- Access to outdoor recreation in one of the most beautiful regions in BC (including free rafting!)
- Steady 5-day on/2-day off work schedule
- Access to subsidized resort-based staff accommodation
- Access to the Kumsheen Resort facilities (including pool and hot tub!)
- Professional workplace and equipment
- Opportunity to grow your career in the outdoor industry
- Restaurant and retail discounts, family/friend rafting passes, family accommodation discounts, and more!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Successful applicants will possess the following attributes:
- Experience in an a la carte kitchen as a working chef
- Experience as a manager or supervisor in a kitchen / restaurant
- Ability to maintain professionalism, composure, and keep cool under pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Resort experience preferred
- Previous experience with serving large groups an asset (weddings, corporate, school groups, etc.)
- FOODSAFE and Serving It Right
- Outstanding references for both kitchen skills and management skills
We thank all applicants for their interest but are only able to consider candidates with valid authorization to work full-time in Canada
$23.50 per hour, plus gratuities & great perks!
FOODSAFE Level 1 by Distance EducationApply Now