Head Chef/Kitchen Manager
- Kumsheen Rafting Resort
- Full Time |
- 1345 Trans Canada Hwy Lytton
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Kumsheen is looking for a Kitchen Manager & Cook this season to join our team of energetic, adventurous, and friendly staff. This is a great opportunity to work & live in one of the most beautiful areas in BC, at an incredible family-run adventure resort.
About the Position:
The Kumsheen Kitchen Manager works in Kumsheen’s Cutting Board Restaurant and oversees all back-of-house operations, and works closely with the Head Server for overall restaurant operations. The Cutting Board Restaurant provides a friendly atmosphere, remarkable food, and memorable service to our resort guests.
In a typical year, the Cutting Board Restaurant seats 60 indoors and has a seasonal patio that seats another 60 guests. It is a full-service restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, catering primarily to resort guests and secondarily to the general public in summer months.
In May, June, and September, service is largely pre-booked banquet style meals for large groups (Dry-Grads, Corporate, etc.). During the peak season, (mid-June until mid-September), service is a limited à la carte menu and some banquet-style meals for large groups.
The season for this position is from April 8th, 2024 – October 16th, 2024 with the potential to extend at the start and/or end of the season.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise all kitchen personnel and execute with all aspects of the food-service operation including food prep and cooking
- Responsible for scheduling all back of house staff
- Overall management of the Restaurant staff and operations, including scheduling, quality control, training, ordering & inventory
- Responsible for adherence to all provincial sanitation guidelines
- Supervise the duties of all other kitchen personnel, including training new staff members when necessary
- Maintain a clean, organized and well stocked kitchen
- Be familiar with food products, purchasing, food-cost calculation, and the accounting necessary to run a quality food-service operation
- Responsible for ordering food products and supplies for the kitchen/restaurant
- Be friendly and outgoing with positive communication skills and patience
- Develop the season’s menu with our General Managers
Successful applicants will possess the following:
Based on experience, starting at $24 per hour, plus tips & perks!
- Subsidized resort-based staff accommodation available to employees
- Access to outdoor recreation in one of the most beautiful regions in BC (including some of the best whitewater in western Canada!)
- Steady 5-day on/2-day off work schedule
- Paid training
- On average, our BOH staff make an addition $2-4 per hour in gratuities
- Access to the Kumsheen Resort facilities (including pool and hot tub!)
- Professional workplace and equipment
- Opportunity to grow your career in the outdoor industry
- Onsite Coffee Shop with discounted drinks for staff
- Restaurant and retail discounts, family/friend rafting passes, family accommodation discounts, and more!
Job Application Process
We pride ourselves on our talented and enthusiastic team members. If you think you’d be a great addition to our team, we’d be delighted to hear from you! Please submit your resume to email@example.com.Apply Now