- Huble Homestead Historic Site
- Full Time |
- 15000 Mitchell Rd, Prince George BC, V0J2S0
- 4 position available
- Accessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: No
You will be responsible for creating and enhancing an inviting experience and atmosphere for visitors of all ages. Day-to-day responsibilities include interpreting historical information about the site and the region; assisting in the planning and execution of site programming; providing excellent customer service; learning about and presenting historical activities; and assisting with general site maintenance.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
– Greet and welcome visitors of all ages.
– Conduct guided tours of Huble Homestead to visitors, school programs, and tour groups.
– Assist in the planning and execution of programming and site rentals.
– Lead games, activities, and demonstrations for visitors of all ages including, but not limited, to old-fashioned activities like making butter and ice cream.
– Perform food related duties, such as food preparation, cooking, and serving.
– Assist with the day-to-day operations of the General Store, such as customer sales, product restocking, store accounting, and cash handling.
– Assist with general site maintenance and garden upkeep.
– Perform cleaning tasks such as dusting, sweeping, mopping, and sanitizing.
– Assist the Curator Assistant with exhibits, repairs, and general artifact care.
– All other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
– Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
– Ability to exercise integrity, good judgment, critical problem solving and initiative.
– Ability to work in an ever-changing environment and tackle frequent interruptions.
– Knowledge of local history and geography, including old-fashioned crafts and activities, would be an asset.
– Excellent customer service skills; retail experience would be an asset.
– Proficiency in English required, with additional languages being an asset.
– Ability to lift, move and carry up to 20 kg.
– Canadian Red Cross Emergency First Aid and Food Safe would be an asset.
– A valid British Columbia drivers’ licence and access to a personal vehicle to travel to and from work every day.
– Must be able to work a five-day week, which will include weekends and holidays, both on and off site.
– A Criminal Record check.
– All Huble Homestead/Giscome Portage Heritage Society employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground of discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
– For grant purposes, successful applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 30, currently enrolled in full-time studies, and intending to return to full-time studies in the semester following the position.
18.00 per hour
Job Application Process
Email a cover letter and detailed resume to Christine Reid, Store ManagerApply Now