- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel
- Full Time |
- 1000 Burrard Street Vancouver
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
The Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre and The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport are dedicated to providing guests with exceptional quality, service, and value. These guiding principles are evident with every check-in, bed made, or breakfast served. You can see this commitment to quality in the physical properties of the hotels themselves; located in the heart of the city and at Vancouver’s airport, surveying the magnificent natural elements that combine to make Vancouver one of the most beautiful cities in the world. We are proud to be Vancouver built, Vancouver owned, and Vancouver run.
A wall is only as strong as those that build it. Our associates are brought together by the fundamental sense of self-worth they derive from helping others. While each person’s talents are a credit, it is an individual’s commitment to the group effort that creates excellence.
Our foundation is exceptional people, and our passion is supporting them to succeed and exceed. More so than experience or education, it is a unanimous enthusiasm that is most highly valued. For those who work hard and consistently display positive attitude and aptitude, the opportunities for growth are endless.
Wall Centre Hotels is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Wall Centre Hotels, through education, review and engagement is achieving a work environment that is fair and just for all associates and where all associates are valued for the diversity they bring to the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, and age.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
· Supervise the Housekeeping team by maintaining a level of professionalism according to the standards set forth by Wall Centre and Franchise Brand.
· Supervise the performance of the Room Attendants, Housepersons and Public Area Team(s) by taking appropriate action to correct deficient conditions, behavior and work practices.
· Inspect all guestrooms, public areas and team member areas and assess compliance with established standards as they relate to safety, cleanliness, maintenance, and security.
· Assist the Housekeeping Leadership team in reviewing training of new and existing associates.
· Assist with Housekeeping opening and closing duties, including creating/modifying Room Attendant boards, setting out devices and keys, daily tasks and responsibilities alongside Housekeeping Leadership team.
· Ensure Wall Centre standards are maintained for all VIP rooms.
· Communicate with the Front Office, VIP Services and Engineering teams to ensure that room standards are met by prioritizing and organizing room assignments of the Room Attendants.
· Inspect guestrooms and public spaces to ensure compliance with cleanliness, maintenance and set-up standards, as well as to verify status.
· Help assist with covering breaks for the Housekeeping Coordinator and answer phones in the Housekeeping Office.
· The candidate must be extremely knowledgeable of all Hotel information.
· Responsible for cleaning guest rooms, when needed.
· Other duties as assigned by the Housekeeping Leadership team.
· Excellent guest service skills are required.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, a second language is an asset.
· Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Walking and standing are required; you must be able to expert a well-paced mobility to get to other departments in the hotel on a timely basis.
· Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
· Must possess basic computer skills including all Microsoft Office products.
· Previous experience with LightSpeed, REX, MGS preferred, but not required.
· Previous experience as a Supervisor or Senior Associate in a 4 Star hotel is an asset.
$28.15-30.50 per hour
Dental care, Employee assistance program, Extended health care, Disability insurance, RRSP match, Vision care, Explore Travel Program, Ongoing Associate Appreciation Events
Job Application Process
Please send a resume and/or cover letter attention to Human ResourcesApply Now