- Shambhala Music Festival Ltd.
- Full Time |
- 2003 - 622 Front Street Nelson
- Accessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Shambhala Music Festival is excited to announce multiple positions available in our Human Resources Department for motivated, detail-oriented, and passionate individuals who want to be a part of our 2024 festival season! We are seeking enthusiastic candidates to join our team, with start dates ranging from January to April.
Work in our office on Baker St. in beautiful Nelson, BC as well as on the festival site outside of Salmo, BC for approx. one month from late June-July. Help recruit & hire our teams leading up to the event, and Supervise our HR Volunteers on-site as they welcome our amazing Crew to the festival!
Positions Available: HR Assistant/Supervisor, Recruitment Assistant/Supervisor
Duration: Full-time contract positions starting from January to April until fall 2024.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
– Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
-Minimum age requirement: 19 years old.
– Process applications, interview and hire potential candidates for festival positions.
– Assist HR department with communications.
– Sending and receiving contracts and agreements.
– Building and assigning schedules in software.
– Supervise and problem-solve for HR volunteers as they complete tasks.
– Check crew members in to the festival site and issue credentials to ensure accuracy.
– Assist new crew members in filling out paperwork and identify missing or incorrect paperwork.
– Answer emails and fielding general inquiries from crew.
– Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics.
– Provide administrative support to the Human Resources team in tasks as needed.
– Execute and display a welcoming, friendly demeanor at each point of contact.
– Ensures compliance with all HR policies.
– Other responsibilities as needed.
– Organization and analytical thinking skills are necessary for this role.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Above average computer skills, experience using Gmail suite and quick adaptability to new software
– Strong organizational and analytical skills are crucial for success in this role.
– Demonstrated motivation, attention to detail, and an outgoing personality.
– Experience with festivals and events is an asset.
– Patient in performing repetitive tasks.
– Strong time management & critical thinking skills.
– Previous work experience as an HR Assistant or similar role is an asset.
– Comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment.
– Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions
– Prior experience with festivals and events is an asset.
– Previous experience as an HR Assistant or in a similar role is advantageous.
Shambhala Music Festival is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We appreciate all applications received, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Join us in contributing to the success of Shambhala Music Festival!
Application Deadline: November 27, 2023
Expected Salary: $20-$22/hr
Job Application Process
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter through our online application form here: https://crew.shambhalamusicfestival.com/jobs/3321955-hr-assistant-supervisor?promotion=818141-trackable-share-link-go2hr.Apply Now