HR SPECIALIST – INTERIOR REGION
- Full Time |
- Thompson Okanagan/Kootenays/Rockies
- 1 position available
- Assessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
go2HR is BC‘s tourism and hospitality human resource and health and safety association.
Our purpose is to drive strong workforces and safe workplaces that deliver world-class tourism and hospitality experiences in BC.
Our mission is to empower employers to have a strong human resource and health & safety culture that supports strong business performance.
– We offer programs, tools, information, and consulting services to elevate employers’ human resources and health and safety practices.
– We educate and train the current and future workforces.
– We inform government, stakeholders and communities on labour market conditions and strategy.
We are seeking an HR Specialist – Interior Region to join our team. With a dual-reporting relationship to the Manager, Industry Human Resources & Training and the Manager, Industry Human Resources & Mental Health, this position plays a critical role in working collaboratively with the [Managers] to support the outreach and delivery of HR consulting and regional HR initiatives for tourism and hospitality employers and stakeholders within the Thompson Okanagan and Kootenay Rockies Tourism regions.
This is a 2-year, term contract position with the option to extend, contingent on continued funding to support this position.
This role requires a balance of strong technical HR skills combined with excellent interpersonal, communication, and stakeholder engagement skills. It is an ideal role for an experienced HR professional (preferably within the tourism industry) who also has HR or business consulting experience.
As the HR Specialist – Interior, you will be involved in a range of activities including:
Regional Outreach & HR Advisory Services
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with regional employers, employees, educators, businesses, and other key tourism and hospitality partners
• Assist in conducting and tracking a range of regional employer outreach and follow up activities (networking, emails, phone/video calls); Monitor/analyze regional metrics data to identify opportunities to increase and expand outreach to underrepresented employers, industry sectors and regional locations
• Assist with research, documentation and best-practice sharing of progressive HR practices by employers, including but not limited to: recruitment, retention, employee housing, living wages, learning and development, EDI and workplace culture
• Provide industry employers with advice and resource information, primarily in the areas of recruitment and retention via professional 1:1 HR consultations with tourism & hospitality employers
Regional HR Initiatives:
• Assist with development, promotion, implementation and follow up of targeted regional HR initiatives including, but not limited to:
• Employer/stakeholder presentations or training (in person or online)
• Regional wage surveys
• Tourism career awareness events and programs
• HR support packages for employers
• Other initiatives as identified through engagement
• Coordinate with the managers to attend industry events to support and promote go2HR initiatives within the regions; Assist in development and facilitation of go2HR webinars, presentations, and other HR-related sessions, as required
Industry and Stakeholder Communications
• Assist with development and/or amplification of timely, relevant, industry-focused regional HR content (events, articles, employer best practices etc.) for go2HR and regional stakeholder newsletters, websites and social media channels (e.g. LinkedIn)
• Assist with research, documentation, tracking and amplification of progressive employer HR best-practices
• Assist with tracking, reporting and analysis of regional communications data; identify, develop and deliver targeted employer outreach and communication activities to fill gaps within each region;
• Provide administrative and other support for the [Managers]; Assist with employer follow up – research/send relevant resources, planning and implementation of regional HR initiatives and other special projects, as required
• Work closely, and collaboratively with all go2HR program area teams (HR, Industry Health and Safety, Training, Communications) to support and cross-promote go2HR services and activities, as appropriate for employers in the regions
• Participate in, and contribute to, team and organizational meetings
• Other duties as assigned
As this position will be based in the Thompson Okanagan or Kootenay Rockies region, candidates are required to be currently located within either of these regions.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Human Resource Management and CPHR designation (or working towards)
• Minimum 3 years of progressive HR experience in a business environment, preferably within the tourism/hospitality industry, with at least two years as a HR Manager/HR Business Partner; a combination of education and appropriate experience may be considered
• HR/Business consulting experience, an asset
• Ability to understand and work within a macro workforce development context at an industry level
• Demonstrated current knowledge of HR, labour/employee relations, workplace health and safety, provincial and federal employment-related legislation (e.g. BC Employment Standards, Human Rights)
• Project management expertise with demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, securing, and managing resources to achieve specific goals
• Strong analytical skills and high proficiency within Microsoft Excel environment (pivot tables, macros, reporting) preferred
• Excellent public speaking skills; demonstrated ability to lead meetings, develop and deliver effective presentations to key stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and contribute within a collaborative team, including in a remote working environment
• Exceptional listener and communicator, both verbally and in writing
• Experience with recruiting international workers an asset
• A passion for and a commitment to understanding and meeting the needs of customers
• Ability to contribute as a member of a professional team as well as work independently
• Strong skills in time management, organization and prioritization; takes initiative, employs sound judgment and maintains confidentiality and diplomacy
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and virtual meeting platforms (MSTeams, Zoom) required
• BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
Job Application Process
go2HR is an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. We offer attractive compensation, benefits and ongoing professional development. If you are ready for the next step in your tourism HR career, and interested in working with a highly engaged professional HR team, this may be the opportunity for you! Please send your resume and cover letter (please mention HR Specialist – Interior Region in the Subject line) to Christie Blaquiere at CBlaquiere@go2hr.ca.Apply Now