Jr. Maintenance Technician
- The Wickaninnish Inn
- Full Time |
- 500 Osprey Lane
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Join our team as a Jr. Maintenance Technician, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as an AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
This position will be responsible for a range of general maintenance duties. At times this will be a physically demanding position requiring heavy lifting and involving a wide variety of assignments, some of which will be outdoors. The candidate must be physically able to perform such tasks in any type of weather, often with short notice. The successful candidate should be well versed in Guest Service, as they will have many opportunities to be dealing with guests, either in guestrooms or in public spaces.
Starting wage is based on experience and skillset.
- Ensure efficient and personalized guest service meeting and exceeding Relais & Chateaux and AAA 4 & 5 Diamond Standards
- Daily guestroom and public space related maintenance
- On-going guestroom detailing
- Landscaping duties, general grounds work.
- Project work such as painting, carpentry and equipment maintenance
- Interior and Exterior building maintenance
- Assist in helping to maintain a schedule based program of preventative maintenance
- Equipment maintenance including bicycle fleet upkeep
- Furniture restoration and repair
- Working in the outdoors for a variety of tasks
- Some duties of this position may change due to COVID-19 operating regulations/standards
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Exemplary guest service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations
- A professional and groomed appearance
- A calm and capable demeanour
- A positive and proactive approach, ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Physically competent to complete strenuous tasks, ability up to lift 35lbs
- Enjoy a variety of work, including both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for gardening, landscaping, and the art of preventative maintenance
- Must enjoy working evenings and weekends
- Prior Maintenance and Housekeeping experience an asset
- Ability to maintain all COVID-19 operating regulations/standards
- A mutual understanding of your employment duration will be determined during your interview
- As a term of employment, all team members must have a minimum of one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and if not fully vaccinated, be committed to receiving their second dose within 6 weeks of being hired. Proof of vaccination is required.
Job Application Process
In order to apply for this career opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
By submitting an application, you are attesting that the information given is accurate. As we receive a high volume of e-mails, we are only able to respond directly to you if your resume and interests align with our currently available positions.Apply Now