Kayak Guide / Instructor
- Alpha Adventures
- Full Time |
- Part Time |
- #2- 4330 Sunshine Coast Hwy Sechelt
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to join our staff. You are:
- – Excited about outdoor adventure activities and pursue them yourself
- – Able to share your passion for the outdoors with others
- – Confident working in a team environment as well as alone
- – Enjoy a workplace that is action packed with an array of objectives to complete
- – Knowledgeable about outdoor gear and able to assist clients in finding the right gear, trip or tour to suit their needs
- – Certified as a sea kayak guide / instructor ( SKGABC level 1 or higher or Paddle Canada Level 1 Instructor or higher / equivalent)
- – Possess current wilderness first aid certification
The primary role of this position is to work as a kayak guide / stand up paddle board instructor (SUP certification may be provided in-house). Additional hours will be made up working in our outdoor adventure store in a retail environment / helping with rentals / maintaining equipment. Opportunities for in-house professional training may be available.
Experience working in an outdoor retail store setting is an asset. Guiding experience and certification- combined with retail experience is an ideal combination.
The Sunshine Coast is an outdoor adventure playground. World class paddling, biking and hiking are all here- as well as close proximity to Vancouver.
This position is available in Spring 2024.
Job Type: Full-time
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Day guides / Level 1 guiding certification (SKGABC or ASKGBC)
and / or
Level 1 Instructor Certification – Paddle Canada
(or willing to obtain)
– Driver’s Licence
TBD- Great staff perks program
Job Application Process
Please submit your resume and covering letter via email. No phone calls please.Apply Now