Maintenance Worker 3 (On call)
- Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver Downtown
- Part Time |
- 1234 Hornby Street Vancouver
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott and Hilton.
We are looking for a Maintenance Worker 3 at the Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver downtown in British Columbia. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, you would be responsible for the overall repair and maintain all hotel facilities in a quick, efficient and professional manner with an objective to create 100% Guest & Associate Satisfaction. Genuine service and by exceeding guest and team expectations, assists the Chief Engineer in achieving both financial and service goals. All service provided is expected to be consistent with the Hotel and SilverBirch Hotel & Resorts standards and Residence Inn by Marriott.
We offer associates flexible schedules, competitive wages and benefits designed to serve the unique needs of our diverse workforce and we are committed to continually ensuring market competitiveness. Our philosophy is to have a balanced focus on our associates, our guests and the reinvestment into our properties. We believe in a performance driven culture where our associates will be engaged in their careers and be enabled by supporting systems and processes. If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Human Resources ribmYVR@silverbirchhotels.com www.silverbirchhotels.com
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR CANDIDATES TAKING PART IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform quality preventative maintenance of guest suites and common areas
• Daily walk around for system checks, light bulb replacement, and maintenance of equipment operation
• Demonstrates familiarity with the hotel’s life safety systems and takes corrective action on any maintenance or operating problems which affect the security or opening condition of the hotel.
• Utility readings and consumptions
• Pool readings and maintenance
• Service maintenance requests from hotel guests and associates
• Be committed to culture of a “green” hotel; actively participate in organizational initiatives as well as seeking out opportunities to reduce, reuse, and recycle; cognizant of and compliant with OH&S related requirements and standards.
• Work in compliance with all provincial and federal regulations pertaining to building & fire code requirements, health and life safety programs.
• Maintain safe work practices and the use of environmentally sound practices.
• Work towards quality improvement and in all areas.
• Know and be able to carry out hotel emergency procedures including emergency evacuation, guest or employee injury and reporting safety and security issues.
• Other projects as assigned by Chief Engineer.
• Have basic electrical, plumbing, building systems, carpentry and electrical knowledge
• Knowledge of Pool & Spa maintenance
• Be knowledgeable in health and safety programs
• Exceptionally strong guest service skills to ensure superior guest service
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion and drive to work and excel in the Hospitality Industry
• Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Team-player who is able to recognize the value of guests and associates
• Be able to work various shifts, including mornings, afternoons and weekends
Preferred Skills & Qualities:
• Excellent team player
• Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Time-management skills and schedule flexibility required
• Positive attitude
• Highly motivated and able to motivate others
• Personable and approachable
• Dedicated to customer service
• Working in a busy hotel environment
• Standing, moving and bending on a regular basis
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
• Constant training • Parking and laundry taxable benefit • Flexible schedules • Employee engagement activities (Appreciation weeks, annual holiday party, summer events, etc.)
Job Application Process
From 2 to 3 weeks: Phone screening, Interview, Background check.Apply Now