Marketing and Communications Manager
- Comox Valley Airport Commission
- Full Time |
- 118 - 1250 Knight Rd Comox
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
We’re seeking an experienced and innovative Marketing and Communications Manager to join our airport team. Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing impactful marketing strategies and campaigns, managing daily and crisis communications, driving community outreach and public relations all while fostering an exemplary passenger experience. This pivotal role requires a strong understanding of digital marketing, analytics, and customer expectations. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrate strong organizational responsibilities and have the ability to think strategically.
• Develop and implement robust marketing strategies to reach target catchments. Manage internal campaigns and work collaboratively on partner campaigns.
• Support proactive and reactive media relations and communications with third-party agencies, stakeholders and the public for routine and crisis issues.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure exemplary passenger experiences. Troubleshoot issues and devise executable solutions to improve services.
• Establish and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, including media, business and tourism organizations, governments, airlines and airport tenants.
• Prepare and edit media material and editorial content to reflect the airport’s brand and value proposition.
• Create and monitor website, digital and social media channel content and manage day-to-day requirements, updates and engagements.
• Develop and manage budgets for marketing activities, stakeholder engagement and airport events.
• Plan and execute industry events. Represent the airport at local events and local and national conferences.
• Provide marketing and communication support to airport projects and milestones, including reports and presentations to external and internal audiences.
• Conduct research and recommend new channels, methods and platforms to optimize marketing communications effectiveness and value.
• Coordinate surveys and the sourcing and analysis of passenger, airline and competitive data to provide actionable information for case-building and decision-making.
• Provide oversight on the Volunteer Ambassador Program. Coordinate the Art in the Airport Cultural Program.
• Fulfil other duties and responsibilities in alignment with the role’s scope.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Hold an Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communication, or a related field, with at least three years of experience in progressive roles; a blend of education and experience will be considered. Previous involvement in a leadership team is an asset.
• Demonstrates a high level of ownership and accountability. Proven ability to work independently while managing multiple projects without compromising quality.
• A natural collaborator and team builder with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent writing and editing skills. Ability to take disparate data and turn it into a compelling story for either internal or external audiences.
• Experience managing social media platforms, including content creation and analysis.
• Working knowledge of airport/aviation operations and media relations experience considered an asset.
• A quick learner and early adopter of new methods, techniques and technologies. A focus on continuous personal development.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to travel, both locally and nationally a requirement.
• You will need to be in the office to build relationships, monitor customer experiences and address emerging issues.
• Ability to secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance which includes obtaining Canadian Government Reliability Status.
The position offers permanent, full-time employment with a competitive starting salary in the $70,000 - $85,000 range commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Job Application Process
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and a compelling cover letter to email@example.com. We appreciate all applications but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further consideration.Apply Now