Marketing Specialist – Creative (Graphic Design)
- Destination Greater Victoria
- Full Time |
- Suite 600 - 765 Broughton Street Victoria
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: No
Destination Greater Victoria is a dynamic destination marketing organization looking to add to our talented team. With a membership of over 950 businesses, we offer a fast-paced, positive and results-oriented culture. We offer a unique opportunity to contribute to the tourism industry and work collaboratively with a variety of local businesses to drive year-round sustainable growth for Greater Victoria.
Summary of Marketing Specialist – Creative role:
The Marketing Specialist – Creative is responsible for creating advertising and collateral using their well-developed skills with graphic design; managing photography and video assets; and editing video assets, to create content for online environments. With brand consistency at the forefront, they will develop audience-appropriate marketing assets that lean into emotive storytelling. They will develop creative concepts, layouts and finished assets for digital spaces and print and support in achieving the key performance objectives of the marketing communications team.
This position is primarily based in-office at out Corporate Office located in Victoria, BC
DGV is committed to creating a diverse, multicultural environment and we welcome team members of all backgrounds and cultures including Inuit, Metis, Indigenous, status, non-status, and non-Indigenous. Employment preference will be given to persons of Indigenous ancestry (please self-identify) as per Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code and in recognition that local indigenous knowledge is an asset. DGV’s selection of employees is based on the criteria identified in the job description so that the best-qualified applicants are chosen.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
What you need to bring:
• 3+ years’ experience in a marketing production and graphic design role.
• A degree or diploma in marketing, graphic design, or another closely related field is preferred.
• Highly proficient in, and strong technical knowledge of, the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop), Premiere Pro and After Effects.
• Strong understanding of marketing concepts in the context of various print and digital media.
• Ability to develop print-ready files and converse with printers.
• Experience with copywriting and email marketing and B2C and B2B marketing.
• Experience with and technical knowledge of Hubspot or similar, WordPress, web design, HTML5 and Drupal preferred.
$54,000 - $64,000 annually
Job Application Process
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please apply with your resume and cover letter below.Apply Now