Mt Seymour Resort-F/T Ski Instructors L1,2,3 and 4
- Mt Seymour Resorts Ltd
- Full Time |
- Part Time |
- 1700 Mount Seymour Road North Vancouver
- 10 position available
- Accessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Mt Seymour is looking for enthusiastic, friendly, and highly motivated instructors to join our team and share their passion for skiing with our guests.
Mt Seymour is located in North Vancouver, just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver and is known as Vancouver’s place to learn to ski and ride. Our Snow School provides a fun and inclusive atmosphere in which to work. Instructors are responsible for providing a great learning experience for our guests, a large proportion of whom are children.
We offer competitive wages, instructor incentives, and a range of industry perks and resort discounts. We also provide regular training sessions to help develop our team.
These are seasonal full-time positions (30-40 hours per week), 5 days a week (extra work during peak operating periods). Mt Seymour pays instructors for their full shifts, setting a new standard in the industry. Whether you’re teaching, assisting, or on standby, your dedication is always recognized and rewarded. Be part of a snow school that values you.
Our season is generally from December to Mid-April, with orientation training in late November.
Title: Full Time Ski Instructor
Department: Snow School
Reports To: Instructor Supervisors & Snow School Assistant Managers / Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
You will be employed to teach guests to ski according to the standards of the Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance (CSIA) in a safe and fun environment. Instructors are expected to always behave in a professional manner as they are dressed in uniform and are role models for all guests and staff. Instructors are expected to be available to work weekends and holidays, these being our busiest periods.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Commitment to the Snow School Mission Statement & Core Values “Safety, Fun, and Learning”.
– Teach skiing lessons according to the current CSIA standards.
– Responsible for the safety of each guest in the instructor’s care (Duty of Care).
– Assist with organizing and administering lessons and supervising other instruction staff as necessary.
– Be knowledgeable of and teach the variety of lessons that Mt Seymour offers.
– Providing support and leadership to visiting groups and schools in outdoor programs.
– Assist with the organizing of ski and snowboard lessons (aid time).
– Be knowledgeable of and teach the Alpine Responsibility Code.
– Record all class and student information accurately on Snow School class cards.
– To be knowledgeable of current equipment, technique, and teaching methodology by attending regular instructor training.
– Motivate & encourage fellow instructors and provide feedback if required.
– Be in constant communication with Supervisors, Lesson Desk, and co-workers.
– Other related duties are required (related to other departments and aid time).
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
CSIA Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4 or equivalent certification.
Previous teaching experience & experience working with children.
Excellent communication and guest services skills.
Personable and helpful attitude.
We may have some limited opportunities to offer assistance with VISAs for skilled and experienced candidates.
Mt Seymour is proud to be a Snow School industry leader by paying all instructors for the duration of their shifts, regardless of whether they teach a lesson, perform other duties or are on standby. This is an hourly role. Overtime will be required during busy periods.
Hourly wage – dependent on qualifications and experience.
Level 1 – $18.00 – $21.00
Level 2 – $20.50 – $23.50
Level 3 – $23.00 – $26.00
Level 4 – $31.50
• Premiums for dual certification ($1 per hour)
• Ski Park Certification ($1.50 p/h)
• Snowboard Park Certification ($1)
• Other certifications (on a case-by-case basis)
• Private Request lessons paid at $30 per hour.
• Full-Time Employee Bonus Scheme paid out twice seasonally depending on attendance and performance.
• Complimentary season pass and shuttle bus pass provided.
If teaching at Mt Seymour sounds like a good fit for you, please send your resume, cover letter, and a copy of your certifications to email@example.com or complete the online application form.
Mt Seymour is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Application Process
Please submit a cover letter and resumeApply Now