Sales & Reservations Agent – Victoria
- Wells Gray Tours Ltd.
- Full Time |
- 102-736 Broughton St, Victoria
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: No
Wells Gray Tours has been in business since 1972 under the direction of Roland Neave, owner and founder. Our company started small by running bus tours into Wells Gray Park from Kamloops as a summer project while Roland attended University. This passion he developed has now grown Wells Gray Tours into the largest tour operator in the Okanagan, taking our faithful clients around the world again and again.
We are looking for a person who exhibits the following Attributes:
- Inclusiveness: Shows respect for people and their differences; promotes fairness and equality; engages the talents, experiences, and capabilities of others; fosters a sense of belonging; works to understand the perspectives of others; and creates opportunities for access and success.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Problem solving: identifies problems, involves others in seeking innovative, simple solutions, conducts appropriate analysis, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges. Decision Making: makes clear, consistent, transparent decisions; acts with integrity in all decision making; distinguishes relevant from irrelevant information and makes timely decisions.
- Communication: Connects with managers, peers and customers, actively listens, clearly and effectively shares information, and demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Quality Improvement: Strives for efficient, effective, high quality performance in self and the team; delivers timely and accurate results; resilient when responding to situations that are not going well; takes initiative to make improvements.
- Leadership: Cooperates and collaborates with colleagues as appropriate; works in partnerships with others.
- Service Focused: Values the importance of delivering high quality, innovative service to internal and external clients; understands the needs of the clients; customer service focus.
- Embrace and Initiate Change: Resilient to face change boldly, without resorting to complaints, apathy, anger or fear.
- Take reservations for tours and manage bookings, including processing payments, ticketing, collecting passenger data, verifying accuracy of data, documentation, handling cancellations and tracking current status of available tours
- Sell tours in person and over the telephone
- Sell travel insurance, including getting license to sell and maintaining licensing requirements
- Assist in performing outside sales including maintaining presence in retirement centres/adult communities, keeping client data base updated through phone contact, communicating with area travel agents, and doing sales calls/presentations to interested clubs and groups
- Proof-read and provide input on new tour product and helpful hints for tours when in office
- Assist at trade shows, presentations and company travel shows
- Sell individual Holland America and NCL cruises including booking through online portal, deposits, ticketing, collecting passenger data, documentation and completing internal accounting information.
- Prepare daily financial reports for head office, including making bank deposits, overseeing visa/mastercard/debit transactions, processing refunds and balancing office cash.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Excellent customer service and strong computer skills
- Knowledge of general office equipment usage and office procedures
- Tour and travel oriented experience and background required
Company profit sharing program after one year; free familiarization tours (14 days per year); access to industry training; flight points when available (up to 75,000 per year).
Job Application Process
No phone calls, please. We thank all candidates for their interest in applying, however, only those that meet the criteria and are selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Now