Operations Coordinator, Canada
- Entree Destinations
- Full Time |
- 134 Abbott Street, 7th Floor Vancouver
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: No
Position: Seasonal FIT Operations Coordinator, Canada
Type of Position: Full-time contract April through August 2024 for 40 hrs/week plus shared after hours/weekend on-call.
Location: Vancouver office (Gastown) with remote/home office a possibility depending on candidate
Wage: $20-$28/hour depending on experience
If you enjoy providing service and like to pay attention to every detail so you can delight the guests under your care, if you are organized, love lists and can envision overseeing many concurrent trips at a high level, then this is the job for you. The Operations Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to oversee, manage and deliver FIT travel programs for Entrée Canada – ensuring the smooth operation of all trips from making the initial supplier reservations through to ensuring clients’ trips are trouble-free. The Operations Coordinator notices and enjoys working through the smallest detail proactively but can also look at the big picture with an eye for making our guest’s travel experience special. A strong vision for excellence in travel services is required.
This position shall report to the Director of Operations, with day-to-day supervision by the Operations Manager, Canada, and work in collaboration with the other members of the Entrée Destinations team to accomplish their respective tasks with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Responsibilities will include:
• Completing all aspects of the operations process for FIT programs:
– Working under the Entrée Canada Sales team to secure sold trips and ensure smooth implementation of all travel arrangements according to our standards of service.
– Managing supplier bookings for confirmed trips and tracking that all trip components have been confirmed as sold (utilizing our reservations system).
– Maintaining regular communication with the Sales Manager throughout the full cycle of a trip.
– Leading direct communication with agent or client at 90 to 45 days prior to travel, when the confirmed trip transitions from Sales to Operations.
– Managing complete and accurate electronic client folders on the server.
– Maintaining effective relationships with suppliers that will prepare them for service delivery.
– Polished and professional complaint resolution.
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, offering excellent customer service:
– Finessing unique, safe, and luxurious experiences that build lasting memories.
– Reviewing trip details to ensure that the trip fulfills if not surpasses the client’s expectations.
– Delivering special “touches” or wow factors during client’s trips.
– Ensuring that every interaction is utilized as an opportunity to impress and be of service.
– Diarizing, ordering, tracking, and arranging delivery of welcome and thank you gifts for clients or agents (for all Canada FIT trips)
– Maintaining up to date Trip Calendar entries, tracking Live Travel interactions with client (can include changes, cancelations, and any positive or negative impressions of travel).
– Working with the Sales Manager to implement any additional charges, cancelations, or refunds.
• Providing the Documentation Department with complete and accurate trip information and reviewing itineraries for accuracy.
• Sharing product knowledge, supplier feedback with Operations team or Sales and Product as needed.
• Tracking Supplier Issues and Kudos as needed throughout the season.
• Closing files and accounting for all services and any changes that may have occurred.
• Responsible for sharing Manager-on-call duty with colleagues. The Manager-on-call is responsible for providing 24/7 on-call service to our clients, managing changes and solving onsite issues to ensure each trip goes smoothly. Manager-on-call duty rotates each week.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• At least two years of previous relevant experience in the travel industry (preferably with a tour operator, wholesaler or Destination Management Company)
• Product knowledge of Canadian hotels, resorts, and travel services
• Strong communication skills – experience in communicating with travel agents and their clients preferred.
• Excellent attention to detail and an understanding of a high level of customer service
• Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Able to take on a large workload seasonally and handle it adeptly
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Fluency in the English language (written & spoken)
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• High ability to manage changes
• Poised, confident and decisive in pressure situations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, and e-mail applications. Experience with Tourplan an asset.
$20-$28 depending on experience
What We Offer: • Gain industry experience at an internationally acclaimed luxury travel company with 30 years of success • A purpose-led organization, treating each other with the same level of integrity and care as our guests • A gorgeous Gastown office with a roof top deck and views of Coal Harbour and the North Shore Mountains. Close to Sky-train, West Coast express and loads of shopping and restaurants. • Opportunity to participate in tourism industry programs and receive tourism industry rates
Job Application Process
If you are an enthusiastic & committed individual, looking for a challenging position with lots of variety and a fun, supportive team, please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2024. We regret that due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.Apply Now