Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Kamloops
- Full Time |
- 540 Victoria Street Kamloops
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
About Invictus Properties Inc.
Invictus Properties Inc. is a multi-generational family business with a long-term mindset focused on acquiring and developing commercial and industrial properties across Canada. Invictus is passionate about providing best-in-class services, positively impacting communities and collaborating with tenants, partners, and city builders to leave a lasting legacy. The Invictus portfolio currently includes The Delta Hotel by Marriott Kamloops, Cordo Resto & Bar, Stills Co Cocktails and Tapas Lounge, Stills Co Distillery, Scott’s Inn and Suites, Scott’s Family Diner, Centrepoint Kamloops, and is part owner of the HIVE Class A Office Building.
Payroll administrators are responsible for the collection, verification and processing of payroll information for multiple companies including the onboarding and offboarding in ADP, time off entries, and records of employment. Additional responsibilities include determining pay and benefit entitlements for employees, maintaining accurate payroll records, and providing payroll information and advice to management.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Maintain and update employee information, such as records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements
– Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, union dues, garnishments and insurance and pension plans
– Prepare, verify and process all employee payroll related payments, including regular pay, benefit payments, and special payments such as bonuses and vacation pay
– Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, leaves, share savings, employment insurance, and medical insurance
– Prepare payroll related filings and supporting documentation, such as year-end tax statements, pension, Records of Employment and other statements
– Provide information on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement provisions
– Compile, review, and monitor statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts
– Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements
– Identify and resolve payroll discrepancies
– May be responsible for the development or implementation of payroll policies, procedures or processes.
– Ensure timely awareness and compliance with relevant payroll and benefits updates
– Update employee information as needed including department codes and general ledger mapping
Responsibilities & Qualifications
– A minimum of 5 years of payroll experience, including a minimum of 6 months of payroll experience in a unionized environment
– Canadian Payroll Association certification is preferred
– Experience administering payroll in a complex work environment (e.g. numerous businesses, multiple payroll systems, etc.)
– Experience administering benefits
– Strong computer skills
– ADP experience would be an asset
– Related experience in a medium to large company would be an asset
– Reliability is paramount
– Must be willing to work in Kamloops, BC
– Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
– Competitive market salary
– Excellent Benefits program
– Fast-paced office environment
– Strongly deadline oriented
– Flexible schedule required including infrequent evenings, weekends or holidays (e.g. for month end)
– Ability to manage challenging customers and situations.