- Hotel Grand Pacific
- Full Time |
- 463 Belleville St Victoria
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Develop your payroll career with Hotel Grand Pacific! An independent luxury property, we’re seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join our team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the chosen candidate will be responsible for completing full-cycle payroll for over 150 unionized and salaried employees.
This is a full-time, onsite position working Monday to Friday, with weekend work occasionally required around stat holidays.
If you’re looking to challenge yourself in a professional work environment within an exciting industry that offers great perks, we encourage you to apply.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Administer an accurate and confidential bi-weekly payroll in line with Collective Agreement rules
• Balance and disperse all gratuities, allowances, and commissions
• Prepare manual cheques and ROE’s when required
• Produce accurate bi-weekly reports for HR and department managers
• Assist employees with any questions or concerns regarding their payments
• Maintain confidentiality of accounting and employee information at all times
• Any other tasks assigned by the Financial Controller
What We’re Looking For:
• University or College Degree/Diploma in Finance, Commerce or Business Admin with Accounting focus
• At least 1 year of full-cycle payroll experience, with experience in a unionized environment an asset
• Completion of the Payroll Compliance Legislation course preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suites (Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Proficiency with ACCPAC or a similar accounting platform
• Working knowledge of Oracle, EZLabour and Pay@Work preferred
• Excellent attention to detail and proven time management skills
• Takes initiative to coordinate with coworkers and departments to ensure accuracy and completion of tasks
• High level of integrity, accountability, and professionalism
*We thank applicants for their interest but are only able to consider candidates with valid authorization to work in Canada.
Any candidates that will require modifications during the screening process are invited to let us know when sending their resume. Hotel Grand Pacific is dedicated to providing an inclusive environment in which candidates and employees feels safe and comfortable.
• A professional and supportive environment with a high regard for safety and a focus on employee development • Complimentary onsite parking • Option of a flexible schedule when operations permit • Excellent extended health benefits (Life and AD&D, Health, Dental, Vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance program.) • Group RRSP Matching program available after 1 year of employment • Discounted membership for Victoria Athletic Club • Subsidized employee meals • Discounts in both our Café and Fathom Restaurant • Discounted guest rates for friends and family • Employee discount also available at other Preferred Hotels around the world • Employee recognition & referral program • Treat days, social events, and an annual employee party • We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity within our team.
Job Application Process
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone and an interview may be scheduled. Satisfactory professional references are required prior to an offer being made.Apply Now